A cookie is a text string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer’s hard disk (or the memory of your mobile device) if you agree so that the website can distinguish you from other users of our website.
A cookie is a small file made up of letters and numbers that is downloaded onto a device when a person visits a website. These cookies are used to improve your experience, for example we will use the information to:
- Measure how many people use our website to keep it running quickly and efficiently
- Analyse how people use the site so we can make sure we provide the best possible service for our customers
- Cookies cannot be used to:
Extract information from your device
Types of cookies
There are a number of different types of cookies; session cookies, persistent cookies, first party cookies and third party cookies.
- Session cookies: These cookies link your actions on a website to our data system and are used for a number of reasons such as remembering what you’ve put into your shopping basket while browsing the site. The session cookies expire as soon as the browser is closed so no information is stored permanently.
- Persistent cookies: These cookies remember your preferences or actions across a website and help us to provide you with information that is relevant to you in the future. The information collected can be used to track actions across multiple browser sessions and may be used to make advertising more relevant to you.
- First party cookies: These cookies are set and handled directly by ElectraLink, they cannot be accessed or read by any other website.
- Third party cookies: These are cookies that we have given a separate website permission to use on ElectraLink website, these allow the separate website to record certain actions you take on ElectraLink’s website.
We further differentiate cookies by whether they are essential, required or optional.
Essential cookies are required for the site to function. These cannot be disabled, as they would seriously compromise the site’s performance. For example, a session cookie that keeps a note of whether you are logged in is essential.
Required cookies are different from essential cookies because the site would still function if they were removed. We class our analytics cookies as required because they allow us to use anonymous traffic data to improve how the site functions.
Our website uses the following cookies:
|This is a session cookie which is generated when you enter your user name so that the website remembers who you are as you move from page to page. This cookie is not persistent and expires when you leave the website.
|This is a Google analytics session cookie which allows ElectraLink to use to Google reporting on web statistics. This cookie works in tandem with the umtc cookie and which denotes the length of time a visitor spends on the website. This cookie expires 30 minutes after the most recent page view.
|This is a Google analytics session cookie which allows ElectraLink to use to Google reporting on web statistics. This cookie which works in tandem with the umtb cookie and which calculates the length of time a visitor spends on the website. This cookie expires 30 minutes after the most recent page view.
|This is a Google analytics cookie which allows ElectraLink to use to Google reporting on web statistics. This is a persistent cookie which monitors the HTTP referrer and notes where a visitor arrived from, with the referrer categorised into type (Search engine (organic or cpc), direct, social and unaccounted). From the HTTP referrer this cookie also registers what keyword generated the visit and geolocation data. This cookie lasts for six months.
|This is a persistent cookie used by LinkedIn. This cookie facilitates the transfer of information to LinkedIn.
|These cookies enable the sharing functionality to be used on the website and provide analytics for LinkedIn.
|This is a persistent cookie which remains on your computer, unless it expires or the cookie cache is cleared. Its purpose is to track visitors to the website.