In April 2016, SPAA Parties sought to address data communication quality issues by mandating a common data exchange mechanism – the Data Transfer Service (DTS) – for the exchange of NOSI flows, for domestic gas Suppliers. In May 2017 SPAA Parties extended the use of the DTS for the exchange of RET and SAR flows and Debt Assignment Protocol (DAP) Flows were added in June 2019. These flows are held in the SPAA Supplier catalogue.
If you are a domestic gas supplier, an existing DTS User and a SPAA signatory with a valid SPAA MDD Short-code then you are able to use your existing DTS connection to send and receive designated gas flows. ElectraLink will configure the DTS to enable these flows for you.
If you are a non-domestic supplier with a DTS connection and require to send or received flows from the SPAA Supplier catalogue, please download the Regulated Gas Host Action Form for DTS Users, and email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do the rest. Once we have enabled the gas flows you require, we will contact you to confirm that the changes have been made.
If you are not a DTS user but a SPAA signatory with a valid SPAA MDD Shortcode then please download the DTS connection pack here. If you are a SPAA signatory but do not have a SPAA MDD Shortcode, please reach out to for assistance to discuss registering your Shortcode in SPAA Market Domain Data.
- Notification of Supplier Information (NOSI) –to support the change of supplier events by offering this gas flow as a regulated service mandated for domestic gas suppliers;
- Resolution of Erroneous Transfer (RET)– resolve situations whereby customers have accidentally been switched to a new energy supplier without their consent; and
- Supplier Agreed Read (SAR)– a mutually agreed meter reading between two suppliers on a change of supply event.
- Debt Assignment Protocol Flows – a series of flows to manage consumer debt on the change of supplier event.
- ElectraLink also offers RGMA services on a commercial basis to help you with your data transfer requirements in the UK energy industry.
- If you would like to check which parties are configured to receive gas supplier flows, please download the RET, SAR and NOSI DTS routes spreadsheet