TPI Business Development Manager
This is a full-time, permanent role located in our Nottingham office. The annual salary is up to £50,000 DOE, including up to 10% bonus and benefits. We are currently running a virtual office for the foreseeable future. Our recruitment drive is continuing with new hires joining us using our remote working capabilities, with all interviews being conducted via Microsoft TEAMS. We ask candidates have access to a webcam for them to be able to attend interviews.
ElectraLink delivers network services, governance services, and energy market insights to the UK energy industry. The organisation is at the centre of a complex market with a range of stakeholders including Ofgem, BEIS, energy suppliers, energy distribution companies and energy service organisations. The market is entering a period of significant change following the publication of the CMA review of the market and the commencement of major programmes such as smart metering.
The Business and TPI sales manager will work in partnership with our team of developers, sales support, other sales managers, the Head of EMI and other business units for all sales leads and sales opportunities. The successful candidate will be responsible for the full end to end contracting process from customer identification and proposal writing through to Contract negotiation and signature. The role will report to the Head of EMI services and work alongside other sales managers and sales support with a responsibility for helping our customers, who have growing data volumes and service-level expectations, maximize the potential of data while delivering the real-time service to their end users.
Main purpose of job
- To sell ElectraLink’s current data product set to new and existing customers
- Work in partnership with our team of developers and business analysts for all sales leads and sales opportunities
- Completing the contracting process with new customers as well as selling additional products to current customers
- Drive volume of sales by managing the complete sales process from prospecting to closing
- Identify and uncover new business opportunities through a variety of sources (CRM/Website/LinkedIn)
- Collate information regarding key decision makers, business strategy etc. for all new or existing players in the utility market to assist with the sales process
- Be a key networker in the industry and responsible for identifying new sales leads through a variety of media including networking, attending events and research
- Identify areas for revenue growth and cross/up sell opportunities
- assist with creating marketing collateral.
The above is a list of the main duties for the role. This list is not exhaustive and may be amended from time to time as per the business needs.
Principle Skills & Experience
- Demonstrable enterprise data sales, utility solution selling sales experience
- Have experience in account management or new business development with a strong track record of performance
- Solid sales forecasting abilities and revenue achievement
- A background in inbound and outbound prospecting and closing of new business
- Ability to close both strategic/complex deals as well as regular run rate smaller deals
- Minimum of 3-5 years utility industry experience.
Highly desirable skills:
- Experience of consultative selling, ideally within data, software, analytics or consultancy solutions
- Commercial focus and understanding of value based pricing
- Can demonstrate examples of inspiring new and existing customers to commit to a journey of transformation, utilising technology as a platform.
- Self-motivated, willing to roll-sleeves up
- Good inter-personal skills. Able to act and behave with confidence and gravitas with senior clients and stakeholders
- Comfortable in presenting at client meetings and industry events
- The candidate must be able to understand complex solutions and then be able to explain to others in clear and simple terms
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Possesses sound commercial and financial judgement.
How to Apply
Please apply to this position by utilising the “Apply Now” link below. You will be able to apply via email attaching your CV and any other documents you feel will strengthen your application.
Recruitment Privacy Notice
As part of our recruitment process ElectraLink Ltd collects and processes personal data relating to applicants and potential employees. May we request applicants familiarise themselves with the contents of our Recruitment Privacy Notice by utilising the link below.