The Test Manger role is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Test Manager or a Tester looking to move up to a management role. This role initially requires the successful candidate to setup our test centre and develop the testing strategy for the Energy Market Data Hub which will be based around public cloud architecture. You will be able to bring and develop an agile dev/ops testing approach to ElectraLink. The role will fit a self motivated Test Manager who is up to the task of setting up and managing a small team and building up the testing framework.
Running the Testing Department including:
- Setting up and running an agile testing solution which follows best practice of automated testing.
- Define the above testing solution around such DevOps technology as Puppet, Chef etc.
- Working towards departmental and project deadlines
- Define test scripts and reports
- Participate in reviews of the testing results
- Resource planning
- Reviewing documentation
Working with agile project managers to develop project acceptance criteria.
Participate in project meetings.
Contribute to and review key project documentation.
Providing objective feedback to software development project teams.
Presenting findings to software development and business user teams.
- Use of Industry standard testing solutions.
- Experience of testing methodologies, test practice and terminology.
- Experience using agile methodology
- Creation and execution of test scripts
- Experience in Cloud hosting technology
- Experience adopting security best practices
- A natural curiosity
- A good understanding of the software development process
Attention to detail
- A good understanding of the business approach
- Good judgment skills
- Good writing skills (for documenting the process)
- Good communications and consultancy skills
- The ability to work in a team and as an individual
- Good presentation skills
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
Enjoys a challenge and sets and achieves high goals