This is a 12 month fixed term contract located in our London or Nottingham office with a salary up to £50,000 DOE, including 10% variable bonus and benefits. We are currently running a virtual office for the foreseeable future. Our recruitment drive is continuing with new hires joining us using our remote working capabilities, with all interviews being conducted via Microsoft TEAMS. We ask candidates have access to a webcam etc. for them to be able to attend interviews.
Job Purpose & Scope
This Test Engineer role is a key position where you will play a significant role in our testing centre of excellence that provides testing services to the rest of the organisation.
We are looking for someone who has a good understanding of modern testing approaches and tools used in solutions which are hosted in the public cloud (predominantly AWS), using agile dev/ops techniques and automated testing tools.
The successful candidate will be part of a drive to modernise ElectraLink’s testing approach to match the establishment of a set of fully agile company processes.
This is an exciting and fast-moving time for the UK energy industry. ElectraLink is a growing company, operating at the heart of the UK energy market with unrivaled insight into the challenges and opportunities faced by the industry.
We work closely with key UK energy stakeholders such as energy suppliers, distributors and metering organisations as well as the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS) and Ofgem (the industry regulator).
Our unmatched market reach and access to market participants means we have a unique data set that provides a view of the entire UK energy market, combined with the ability to offer advanced data analytics and energy market insights.
Our position at the heart of the UK energy industry also gives us a unique capability to provide other services crucial to the gas and electricity markets:
We provide unique market insight through analysis of the DTS market data that we process in our central industry role.
Our reputation for impartiality and energy market expertise makes us an ideal partner in the implementation and change management of energy industry Governance arrangements.
Our established Data Transfer Network (DTN) supports the development of more efficient market processes at a time of rapid energy industry change.
All of this means we are able to actively contribute to the energy industry as thought leaders and innovators, sharing our knowledge and providing insight into the future of the market.
Principle Skills & Experience
- Automation testing with Selenium C#
- RestSharp or similar for automated API testing
- BDD testing tools, SpecFlow, Cucumber or similar
- Use of Git, or CodeCommit for version control
- Performance testing with JMETER, API & GUI
- Experience adopting security best practices
- System or platform integration testing within a cloud environment
- Proven delivery skills in a fast-paced testing environment
- Confident liaison with external parties and partners
- Working within an Agile framework
- Understanding of CI/CD, DevOps
- Use of Jira, ALM/Quality Centre or similar.
Highly desirable skills:
· Experience within the electricity and gas retail market including data catalogues and data transfer.
- A natural curiosity
- Attention to detail
- Good communications and consultancy skills
- Good presentation skills
- Enjoys a challenge and sets and achieves goals
- A good understanding of the software development process
- A good understanding of the business approach
- High degree of English written and spoken literacy
- Ability to work in a team and as an individual
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Recruitment Privacy Notice
As part of our recruitment process ElectraLink Ltd collects and processes personal data relating to applicants and potential employees. May we request applicants familiarise themselves with the contents of our Recruitment Privacy Notice by utilising this URL https://www.electralink.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Recruitment-Privacy-Notice-v1.pdf
How to Apply
Please apply to this position by utilising the “Apply Now” link below. You will be able to apply via email attaching your CV and any other documents you feel might strengthen your application.