This role is full-time, permanent position located in our Central London or Nottingham office with an annual salary up to £90,000 DOE, including 10% variable bonus and an excellent benefits package. We will also afford an element of remote working. Who is ElectraLink? ElectraLink is a growing company that loves technology and operates at the heart of the UK energy market by managing a central network for energy market participants to communicate, providing empowering insight into the challenges and opportunities facing the industry. Why people join our team? We have remote working capabilities that allow for a healthy work-life balance. Our benefits package includes health, flexible pension, holiday trading, as well as extensive career development, training and more. We maintain an open communication from top to bottom and have lots of opportunities to hear ideas and make things work better.
The position of the Solutions Architect is a key role within ElectraLink’s Cost Recovery Services delivery team, working across several development projects to ensure that solutions are defined and developed based on architecture standards and technologies.
The Solutions Architect requires the ability to bridge the gap between business requirements and implementation of technology solutions. You will have an agile mindset willing to push the boundaries of current conventional thinking for architecture design, you will have experience of developing proof of concepts and mindful of market drivers, first mover advantage and not be constrained against existing systems, infrastructure or ways of working.
More traditionally, you will also translate the ElectraLink business strategy into concrete solutions and design and execute a set of solution blueprints that support that strategy. You will evaluate all technology options assess impact on the wider business or customer processes working with both business and IT stakeholders.
We are looking for someone can work with our senior management and business development leads to conceive and deliver forward looking solutions, proof of concepts, minimal viable product and not be afraid to move quickly and have the courage to fail fast.
The focus of the Solutions Architect’s role will be to work in conjunction with ElectraLink’s senior stakeholders and Senior management team to ensure the organisations services are evolved according to architectural strategy:
- Analyse the existing solution landscape, creating maintaining a road-map for each solution, identifying technical debt and to provide recommendations for improvements
- Own the representation of both current and future state of ElectraLink’s technology products
- Liaise and manage the architecture deliverables from 3rd parties
- Produce high level, conceptual design documentation and where appropriate create a solution architecture and running prototypes and proof of concept solution
- Leading the architecture for ElectraLink, including mentoring team members and managing resource allocation into projects/products
- Working collaboratively with the COO and Head of Information Security on solutions road-maps and the development of new products and services with a technical design authority framework
- Keep abreast of technology trends and advancement capturing relevant content to influence systems design decisions
- Other key areas will be to manage and enhancements to the architecture of existing systems to ensure they remain performant and cost efficient.
Skills & Knowledge
- The Solutions Architect should come from a technical delivery or development background
- Be quick learner able to pick up both technical and business concepts quickly
- Demonstrable track record of architecture regarding secure, national network/IT services in a cloud environment using open source technologies
- Hands-on experience of up to date solutions and tools in the AWS cloud environment
- Track record of building and running an architecture function including a technical design authority
- Working knowledge of modern security techniques and solutions
- Technical assessment of 3rd party technical solutions
- Systems integration solutions
- Track record of maintaining coherent technical designs across multiple internal and external service providers and implementations
- Ability to explain technical designs, issues and recommendations to non-technical stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Well organised, structured approach to work
- Ability to quickly assimilate and understand technical details and new technologies
- Provide resource and architecture estimates for solutions
Highly desirable skills
- Knowledge and understanding of data analytics platforms
- Knowledge and event driven, service-oriented architectures
- Expertise in integration technologies such as JBoss Fuse etc
- Experience of designing flexible and extensible technology services based on Open Standards and industry best practice
- Knowledge and understanding of multi-channel software platforms
- Expertise on modern software delivery and maintenance techniques including SAFE and DevOps
- Working knowledge of UK electricity and gas market systems, including systems which interface to central market functions.
How to Apply
Please apply to this position by utilising the “Apply Now” link below. You will be able to apply via email attaching your CV and any other documents you feel might strengthen your application.
Recruitment Privacy Notice
As part of our recruitment process ElectraLink Ltd collects and processes personal data relating to applicants and potential employees. May we request applicants familiarise themselves with the contents of our Recruitment Privacy Notice by utilising this URL https://electralink-cdn-1.s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/20092747/Recruitment-Privacy-Notice-v1.pdf