GS Business Manager
ElectraLink supports change and innovation to the industry rule books that we manage on behalf of the industry. This includes delivering technical support services to a range of industry rule books and customers. These services are all delivered on a commercial basis so efficiency and customer service are paramount. The GS Business Manager will be responsible for delivering our services for one or more of ElectraLink’s Governance Services contracts. The role will involve managing a team to deliver contractual obligations; ensuring high quality customer service; managing costs against budget to ensure we deliver our target margin; identifying and realizing opportunities to grow the services and ensuring processes are delivered as efficiently as possible. This is an external role requiring engagement at various levels of seniority across the energy industry.
The role’s primary responsibility is to manage the delivery of the Code Administration Service in line with our contractual commitments.
It is an outward facing role focused on delivery of service excellence, customer engagement and service quality. Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring the quality of all papers, reports and requests are delivered in line with customer and board expectations;
- Identifying and enabling continual service improvement, including identifying efficiencies in how we deliver the service; and
- Leading projects as and when required and acts as a mentor supporting others in the team in delivering projects.
The role holder will interface with a wide range of stakeholders as required including code Parties (electricity distributors, gas transporters and suppliers), other service providers (e.g. legal advisers), other industry codes and Ofgem where required.
They will be responsible for ensuring our service meets its quantitative and qualitative contractual delivery obligations. This will be achieved through meeting demanding but achievable service levels and the provision of authoritative and substantive advice to internal and external stakeholders.
The role holder will be responsible for the personnel management of a delivery team including setting performance objectives and bonus targets and monitoring achievement thereof and managing team members to ensure workload commitments are achieved.
The role holder will also require the ability to mentor and coach team members to support their development.
Direct reports may be required to work across ElectraLink’s Governance Services contracts as the need arises. Thus, the role holder will be required to work closely with other GS managers to ensure appropriate resourcing across the department and manage direct reports working across contracts.
The role holder will be expected to develop personal skills and understanding of our Codes to be acknowledged as a subject matter expert by customers and industry.
They must also ensure that the appropriate internal policies and procedures are established, complied with and regularly reviewed.
Stakeholder Engagement and Management
The role holder should effectively engage with a broad range of stakeholders to develop productive working relationships, promote the organisation and deliver business benefits. Develop trusted business relationships with committee members and other key stakeholders.
The role holder will lead by example to promote excellent customer service and use feedback to inform customer service strategies.
Profit Delivery and Revenue Growth
The role holder will be responsible for delivering the profitability of the P&L accounts associated with the codes under their management. This will involve managing costs by:
- Monitoring and managing productivity targets for the team;
- Working with the team to identify more efficient ways of delivering services, including through the use of IT;
- Utilising cross team working and training to ensure there are no single points of failure and to enable work to be re-allocated as needed; and
- Focus and develop a continuous improvement ethic within the team.
And, ensuring revenue growth by identifying and realising new services that can be delivered to our customers within the scope of our framework agreement. This will include:
- Proposal development and refinement, presenting this to the customer, negotiation and contract signature; and
- Working with other managers within the department to ensure resources are available to deliver additional work as required.
The role holder will be responsible for achievement of quantitative and qualitative performance indicators.
Skills and Experience
The role will have objectives set around the following performance measures, with an
associated reward structure:
• Customer satisfaction survey
• Service delivery to contracted standards
• Delivery against profit targets
• Delivery against revenue growth targets