Senior Governance Service Consultant
ElectraLink are energy experts with a culture of solving industry problems. The code governance team support five industry regulatory codes bodies. This involves managing numerous change proposals and leading simultaneous industry work groups.
ElectraLink are looking to employing an experienced Senior Consultant to work on industry code projects and retail energy assignments. The role holder will bring in depth understanding of retail energy and should identify solutions to industry problems. Following identification, the role will be to project manage implementation of those solutions.
The role will involve:
- Working with BEIS, Ofgem and other industry stakeholders to design process and support large scale industry projects, including wholesale network change;
- Completing process improvement programme centred around the customer lifecycle;
- Leading industry working groups to implement industry code changes which will involve chairing meetings and overseeing meeting material;
- Develop thought leadership and write industry white papers;
- Identify new business development opportunities;
- Support delivery of the ElectraLink strategy;
- Write and present papers to industry code boards and panels, liaise with other code administrators, trade associations and third parties to promote industry best practise; and
- Represent ElectraLink at regulatory meetings, events, conferences and seminars.
- Mentor members of staff to develop project management and problem solving skills.
The successful candidate will develop a detailed understanding of the codes that ElectraLink support and their importance within the overall regulatory framework. The candidate will be acknowledged as a subject matter expert by customers and industry. Part of their role will be to support the Governance Services team and Stakeholder Manager to achieve engagement targets.
The role requires significant stakeholder engagement by collaboratively working with customers to identify solutions to industry problems. This will involve visiting customers and explaining changes to industry codes and legislation, promoting the organisation and maintaining exemplary stakeholder relationships.
Coaching and Mentoring Analysts
The role requires supporting analysts and senior analyst by advising them on successful project management frameworks and processes. The successful candidate will peer mentor staff providing guidance on wider industry change not directly impacting ElectraLink, proof reading papers and supporting with successful meeting management.
Skills & Experience
- Significant experience working in the gas or electricity industry, preferably a deep understanding of network operation;
- Experience leading projects;
- Able to use experience and knowledge to suggest solutions to industry issues and drive these solutions forward;
- Excellent stakeholder management skills;
- High standard of written English;
- Experience producing documents and presenting them to various levels of organisations;
- Have a large network of industry contacts;
- Able to adapt to a flexible working style;
- Team player to mentor and develop analysts and senior analyst;
- Experience writing consultations and white papers.
- Consultancy experience working with suppliers, network operators and/or third parties;
- Experience of responding to large scale RFP and RFIs;
- An understanding of code governance and industry change process;
- Experience of the Change of Supplier process within gas and electricity;
- Audit and compliance experience; and
- Procurement experience.
The role will have objectives set around the following performance measures, with an associated reward structure:
- Delivery of industry projects to time and on budget
- Support ElectraLink deliver core code services and design processes to embed new processes.
- Expand existing services by identifying improvements to industry processes and regulation
- Identify and develop wider opportunities across utilities
ElectraLink operates a flexible approach to working where this suits the business needs, with a mixture of home working and office work. From time to time the role holder may need to travel to customer and partner sites across the UK.
ElectraLink is committed to providing career progression opportunities to its employees. The successful candidate will have access to a generous training budget with a tailored personal development plan.