Senior Governance Service Consultant
This is an exciting and fast moving time for the UK energy industry. ElectraLink is positioned at the centre of this developing industry interfacing directly with the key UK energy stakeholders such as energy suppliers, distributors and metering organisations as well as the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS) and Ofgem (the industry regulator). Energy and utility markets are increasingly competitive and constantly evolving, requiring significant interaction between industry parties, regulators, policy makers and increasingly consumers. To make these interactions work, communications networks, agreements and codes need to be in place to ensure that markets work efficiently and all parties have access to a level playing field. Operating at the heart of the electricity and gas markets, ElectraLink provides sector leading support to the operation and the governance of the energy industry. As recognised experts in UK energy processes, we provide data and information management, and code administration and professional services.
ElectraLink are energy experts with a culture of solving industry problems. The code governance team support five industry regulatory codes bodies. This involves managing numerous change proposals and leading simultaneous industry work groups.
ElectraLink are looking to employing an experienced Senior Consultant to work on industry code projects and retail energy assignments. The role holder will bring in depth understanding of retail energy and should identify solutions to industry problems. Following identification, the role will be to project manage implementation of those solutions.
The role will involve:
Working with BEIS and Ofgem to design process and support large scale industry projects;
- Completing process improvement programme centred around the customer lifecycle;
- Leading industry working groups to implement industry code changes which will involve chairing meetings and overseeing meeting material;
- Develop thought leadership and write industry white papers;
- Identify new business development opportunities;
- Support delivery of the ElectraLink strategy;
- Write and present papers to industry code boards and panels, liaise with other code administrators, trade associations and third parties to promote industry best practise; and
- Represent ElectraLink at regulatory meetings, events, conferences and seminars.
- Mentor members of staff to develop project management and problem-solving skills.
The successful candidate will develop a detailed understanding of the codes that ElectraLink support and their importance within the overall regulatory framework. The candidate will be acknowledged as a subject matter expert by customers and industry. Part of their role will be to support the Governance Services team and Stakeholder Manager to achieve engagement targets.
The role requires significant stakeholder engagement by collaboratively working with customers to identify solutions to industry problems. This will involve visiting customers and explaining changes to industry codes and legislation, promoting the organisation and maintaining exemplary stakeholder relationships.
Coaching and Mentoring Analysts
The role requires supporting analysts and senior analyst by advising them on successful project management frameworks and processes. The successful candidate will peer mentor staff providing guidance on wider industry change not directly impacting ElectraLink, proof reading papers and supporting with successful meeting management.
Skills & Experience
- Significant experience working in the gas or electricity industry;
- One or two areas of specialism focused on retail energy;
- Experienced leading projects;
- Able to use experience and knowledge to suggest solutions to industry issues and drive these
- solutions forward;
- Excellent stakeholder management skills;
- High standard of written English;
- Experience producing documents and presenting them to various levels of organisations;
- Have a large network of industry contacts;
- Able to adapt to a flexible working style;
- Team player to mentor and develop analysts and senior analyst; and
- Experience writing consultations and white papers.
- Consultancy experience working with suppliers, network operators and/or third parties;
- Experience of responding to large scale RFP and RFIs;
- An understanding of code governance and industry change process;
- Experience of the Change of Supplier process within gas and electricity;
- Audit and compliance experience; and
- Procurement experience.
The right candidate will be offered opportunities to increase their area of responsibility, develop the role and make a significant contribution to the success of ElectraLink, in return we will offer you a competitive salary, an annual performance bonus, 25 days’ annual leave as well as EAP, subsidised gym membership, Cycle to work, fully funded private healthcare along with the normal benefits.
If you wish to express your interest in this role and receive a full Job Description then please email your CV and a covering letter, outlining why you feel you would be suitable for the role, to email@example.com