Senior Data Analyst
This is an outside of ir35 contract role located in London Office, with a duration of 40 days. We would be happy to discuss delivery on a part-time basis. The day rate is up to £350. We are currently running a virtual office for the foreseeable future. Our recruitment drive is continuing with new hires joining us using our remote working capabilities, with all interviews being conducted via Microsoft TEAMS. We ask candidates have access to a webcam for them to be able to attend interviews.
This is a key role within ElectraLink’s Governance Services team, working with on a high-profile project combining data analytics and knowledge of the energy industry.
The successful candidate will work with multiple areas of the business as well as being exposed to key industry parties and bodies. You will be accountable for the collection of high-volume data, organising that data, and providing analysis and insight, and making recommendations to the business and external parties, to enable them to make informed decisions.
Due to the nature of the role, you should be prepared to work in a fast-paced environment, to handle multiple tasks, and have the ability to meet tight deadlines.
The focus of this role will be to compile and analyse information on a key energy industry safety measure. Utilising existing data models, the successful candidate will carry out detailed analysis of multiple measures taken from data gathered by third party service providers. This will include:
• Gathering, extracting, manipulating and analysing model data using analytical and statistical tools
• Making recommendations for the development, support and enhancement of databases and dynamic reporting dashboards
• Identifying options to resolve business and industry problems, supported by accurate data analysis and insight
• Designing and building new processes, or enhancing existing procedures following the acceptance of recommended solutions
• Undertaking data analysis that underpins the success of new project implementation
• Reviewing industry data flows in conjunction with internal data to identify new products and services
• Preparing and presenting reports to senior management, external parties and industry bodies.
Skills & Knowledge
• A bachelor’s degree in statistics, computer science, or business administration is essential
• A minimum of three to five years in a data management, analysis, and reporting field is preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication sills must be evidenced, with a track record of successfully making recommendations to senior personnel
• Ability to explain statistical matters and evidence-based recommendations to non-technical stakeholders
• Must be able to work independently
• Demonstrable experience of advanced skills in MS Excel and VBA for Excel are essential – being able to process large amounts of data confidently using a variety of functions and formulas (including logical, text, reference and nested formulas); as well as being able to write and debug dynamic, best practice macros from scratch to automate manual tasks
• Keen aptitude to identify process improvements and efficiencies, and the technical knowledge to find, build and test an automated and dynamic solution
• Well organised, structured approach to work.
Highly desirable skills
• Working knowledge of UK electricity and gas market systems, including systems which interface to central market functions.
How to Apply
Please apply to this position by utilising the “Apply Now” link below. You will be able to apply via email attaching your CV and any other documents you feel will strengthen your application.
Recruitment Privacy Notice
As part of our recruitment process ElectraLink Ltd collects and processes personal data relating to applicants and potential employees. May we request applicants familiarise themselves with the contents of our Recruitment Privacy Notice by utilising the link below.