Senior Data Analyst – Utilities
This is a home based contract paying a day rate up to £350 per day. The duration of the contract is one month, however. We can accommodate those candidates wishing to work part time hours which will increase the duration to approx. 2 months. The Check Employment Status for Tax (CEST) tool will be used at offer stage to determine whether this role will be inside or outside of ir35.
This is a key role within ElectraLink’s Governance Services team, working with on a high-profile project combining data analytics and knowledge of the energy industry.
The successful candidate will be exposed to key industry parties and bodies. You will be accountable for the collection of high-volume data, organising that data, and providing analysis and insight, and making recommendations to the business and external parties, to enable them to make informed decisions.
Due to the nature of the role, you should be prepared to work in a fast-paced environment, to handle multiple tasks, and have the ability to meet tight deadlines.
The focus of this role will be to compile and analyse information on a key energy industry safety measure.
Utilising existing data models, the successful candidate will carry out detailed analysis of multiple measures taken from data gathered by third party service providers. This will include:
- Gathering, extracting, manipulating and analysing model data using analytical and statistical tools
- Making recommendations for the development, support and enhancement of databases and dynamic reporting dashboards
- Identifying options to resolve business and industry problems, supported by accurate data analysis and insight
- Designing and building new processes, or enhancing existing procedures following the acceptance of recommended solutions
- Undertaking data analysis that underpins the success of new project implementation
- Reviewing industry data flows in conjunction with internal data to identify new products and services
- Preparing and presenting reports to senior management, external parties and industry bodies.
Skills & Knowledge
- A minimum of three to five years in a data management, analysis, and reporting field is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication sills must be evidenced, with a track record of successfully making recommendations to senior personnel
- Ability to explain statistical matters and evidence-based recommendations to non-technical stakeholders
- Must be able to work independently
Recruitment Privacy Notice
As part of our recruitment process ElectraLink Ltd collects and processes personal data relating to applicants and potential employees. May we request applicants familiarise themselves with the contents of our Recruitment Privacy Notice by utilising this URL https://www.electralink.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Recruitment-Privacy-Notice-v1.pdf
How to Apply
Please apply to this position by utilising the “Apply Now” link below. You will be able to apply via email attaching your CV and any other documents you feel might strengthen your application.