Senior Analyst – Theft Services
An exciting new opportunity is available at ElectraLink for a Senior Analyst within the Theft Services team. This is a key role, reporting directly into the Contract & Procurement Manager – Theft Services within the Governance Services department, and an excellent opportunity to develop a wide range of skills and expand your knowledge of the energy industry. The successful candidate will work with multiple areas of the business as well as being exposed to key industry parties and bodies. You will be accountable for the management of energy industry codes and their change processes to further develop competition. The Theft Service Team specifically manages the TRAS and ETTOS services on behalf of SPAA and DCUSA, and on behalf of the energy industry. The successful applicant will be required to gain a detailed knowledge of these arrangements and more general code provisions. You will be responsible for delivering code administration relating to theft services within the SPAA and DCUSA Codes and providing technical secretariat and chairing services to industry groups, managing internal & external projects, engaging with clients, and supporting junior colleagues. You will be part of a team that operates in an exciting fast-paced and innovative environment
- Organising meetings and forums with industry participants and preparing meeting documentation (e.g. agendas, papers and minutes).
- Chairing industry Working Groups.
- Technical Secretariat and support to industry Working Groups and Best Practice Forums
- Progressing Change Proposals in accordance with agreed procedures and service levels, and preparing clear & accurate reports.
- Providing updates to ensure that the progress and status of Change Proposals and Working Groups are effectively communicated internally and externally.
- Co-ordinating consultations to seek industry views on change proposals.
- Leading and supporting projects both internally and on behalf of our clients.
- Effectively engaging key stakeholders and developing productive working relationships, promoting the organisation and delivering business benefits.
- Responding to customer helpdesk queries and providing advice and guidance.
- Documentation and maintenance of internal working procedures.
- Identifying and implementing areas for improvement.
- Providing training, coaching and support to the team’s Analysts.
- Presenting and supplying training to stakeholders.
- Develop understanding to be acknowledged as subject matter expert by both customers and industry.
- Prepare contract change notifications, and seek service providers impact assessments of proposed changes.
- Broad knowledge of the UK electricity and/or gas markets including knowledge of industry governance arrangements, and theft arrangements in particular
- A good understanding of how the energy industry works from either a technical or governance perspective
- Good technical skills – fully proficient in the use of MS Outlook, Excel and Word
- Communication – excellent verbal and written communication at all levels including the writing and presentation of meeting papers
- Flexibility – picking up new knowledge quickly and carrying out activities relating to a wide variety of subject matter
- Influencing – participating in industry working groups and leading debate to ensure an appropriate workable solution is developed.
- Organisation skills – working independently and proactively on a number of different work streams.
- Ability to take ownership of specific tasks and projects.
- Sociable – the ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders and to care for our customers.
- Be passionate about delivering a quality service