Receptionist & Office Support Assistant
This role is full-time, permanent position located in our Central London office with an annual salary up to £30,000 DOE, including 10% variable bonus and an excellent benefits package. This role is required to be office based 5 days per week, Monday to Friday. Who is ElectraLink? ElectraLink is a growing company that loves technology and operates at the heart of the UK energy market by managing a central network for energy market participants to communicate, providing empowering insight into the challenges and opportunities facing the industry. Why people join our team? We have remote working capabilities that allow for a healthy work-life balance. Our benefits package includes health, flexible pension, holiday trading, as well as extensive career development, training and more. We maintain an open communication from top to bottom and have lots of opportunities to hear ideas and make things work better.
This is an exciting and fast-moving time for the UK energy industry. ElectraLink operates at the heart of the UK energy market with unrivalled insight into the challenges and opportunities faced by the industry.
We work closely with key UK energy stakeholders such as energy suppliers, distributors and metering organisations as well as the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS) and Ofgem (the industry regulator).
Our unmatched market reach and access to market participants means we have a unique data set that provides a view of the entire UK energy market, combined with the ability to offer advanced data analytics and energy market insights.
Our position at the heart of the UK energy industry also gives us a unique capability to provide other services crucial to the gas and electricity markets:
- We provide unique market insight through analysis of the DTS market data that we process in our central industry role.
- Our reputation for impartiality and energy market expertise makes us an ideal partner in the implementation and change management of energy industry Governance arrangements.
- Our established Data Transfer Network (DTN) supports the development of more efficient market processes at a time of rapid energy industry change.
All of this means we are able to actively contribute to the energy industry as thought leaders and innovators, sharing our knowledge and providing insight into the future of the market.
Main purpose of job
- Key activities include:
- Reception duties – Welcome guests and visitors to the office, providing refreshment, locating their meeting hosts – ensuring guests receive prompt and courteous attention
- Managing general phone calls and correspondence (e-mail, letters, packages etc.)
- Daily office checks and ensuring the kitchen/breakout area is kept clean and tidy
- Booking maintenance visits, delivering prompt resolution of any facilities issues e.g. water leaks, lighting failures, security and alarms are in good working order
- Meeting support – maintain meeting rooms, ensure all AV equipment is in working
- Order and deliver catering/refreshments for applicable meetings held in the office
Book external events and meeting venues ensuring that they meet all requirements and maintain the external event spreadsheet
- Order Office supplies (stationery and kitchen supplies) keeping both fully stocked at all times
- Raising Purchase Orders and approving invoices
- Arranging printing of presentation material and ordering business cards
- Managing the Services Mailbox
- Providing office induction to all new starters
- Providing and managing office lockers, office keys and office fobs to staff
- Act as a First Aider and Fire Marshal (training will be provided if needed)
- Assist in health and safety e.g., arranging first aid and fire marshal courses for staff, managing risk assessments (training can be provided if needed), organising PAT testing and updating monthly Office Safety Checklist
- Assist staff with corporate travel bookings as and when required
- Updating Office Management intranet page
The above is a list of the main duties for the role. This list is not exhaustive and may be amended from time to time as per the business needs.
- Proven experience as a receptionist, office administrator, event coordinator or similar relevant role with transferable skills and experience
- Knowledge and experience of H&S and statutory requirements in the office environment
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Confident, friendly and outgoing personality – a people person
- Extremely well organised and have a high attention to detail
- Self-starter able to work under own initiative
- Flexible and willing to help with a wide range of varied tasks
- An enthusiastic, ‘can-do’ approach and a strong team player
- Enjoys and takes pride in the appearance of the office
- Attention to detail and desire to deliver a quality service
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative to problem-solve and innovate
Creative with the confidence to share ideas
How to Apply
Please apply to this position by utilising the “Apply Now” link below. You will be able to apply via email attaching your CV and any other documents you feel might strengthen your application.
Recruitment Privacy Notice
As part of our recruitment process ElectraLink Ltd collects and processes personal data relating to applicants and potential employees. May we request applicants familiarise themselves with the contents of our Recruitment Privacy Notice by utilising this URL https://electralink-cdn-1.s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/20092747/Recruitment-Privacy-Notice-v1.pdf