This is a 12 Month Fixed Term Contract located in our Nottingham or London office. The pro-rata annual salary is up to £60,000 DOE, including up to 10% bonus and benefits. We are currently running a virtual office for the foreseeable future. Our recruitment drive is continuing with new hires joining us using our remote working capabilities, with all interviews being conducted via Microsoft TEAMS. We ask candidates have access to a webcam for them to be able to attend interviews.
ElectraLink is looking for an experienced (5 year +) project manager with direct experience in Agile and Waterfall methodologies. Agile and scrum experience will be vital as many of the projects and will be delivered using these methods.
Experience in the Utilities or Energy sector is highly desirable. The Project Manager will have an excellent knowledge of project management covering both technology (application development & Data) and business-based projects.
Key aspects of the role:
• Responsible for managing and delivering multiple projects at different stages in the lifecycle, with a mix of both external and internal facing projects.
• Budgetary control
• Project management of plans (must be able to use MSP) and other project artefacts
• Working closely with and managing third party providers.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the co-ordination of Project Proposals in the initial engagement stage(s) of projects, and for managing these projects in line with approved & agreed control parameters.
The successful candidate will manage & control the various key elements of managing & delivering successful project deliveries including costs management, risk management, quality assurance, stakeholder communications, status reporting, acceptance testing and governance. This includes ensuring that Stakeholders, support areas and other interested parties are effectively engaged and that key deliverables & implementation activities are fully reviewed & signed off to proceed at relevant stages of projects.
The Project Manager will build & maintain effective working relationships within the ElectraLink business and with external parties as required, ensuring collaborative working across teams/areas. The successful candidate will administer and organise all types of projects, from simple activities to more complex plans.
• Manage and successfully deliver Proposals, Projects and Programmes of projects ensuring requirements are met and delivered on time, within cost and to high quality
• Where required, assist in pre-sales support process, consulting with prospects and existing clients to ensure that requirements are specified
• Identify, set up and manage project organisational structures and define responsibilities
• Identify and manage appropriate resources to undertake all required project activities
• Define detailed estimates of time, costs and resource requirements, and ensure effective tracking of time (progress v plan) and costs (actuals v budget) are maintained and reported on
• Identify, manage and report on any dependencies, milestones, critical path, and potential risks and issues, ensuring mitigation strategies and contingency plans exist and are acted upon
• Create, maintain and deliver high quality project documentation as defined in ElectraLink’s Project Management Framework
• Ensure full governance and compliance to project standards, policies, processes and tools in the delivery of all projects
• Ensure effective communication with staff and stakeholders (including 3rd parties and suppliers) ensuring this is delivered in a timely and clear fashion, with expectations clearly set and met
• Effectively manage and document issues/escalations raised, ensuring these are dealt with in a timely manner and to a successful conclusion
• Build strong productive working relationships, and provide effective, diplomatic communication at all levels
• Promote & champion the benefits of Project Management within ElectraLink
• Development of the Project Management Practice tools, capability and service propositions
• Proactively participate in furthering your own professional development, maintaining growth in professional skills and knowledge deemed essential to the role
• Motivate, encourage & advise other project team members in the delivery of the service as appropriate, acting in the capacity of their direct line management if required
• Undertake other duties as requested by the Practice Head and Head of Plan & Develop Section within ElectraLink.
Skills & Knowledge
• Strong track record of project delivery methodologies in Agile and Waterfall. Experience in Scrum is desired
• Demonstrable project management skills & relevant experience in the Energy or Utilities sector
• Ideally PRINCE2 certified, Agile/PMI-ACP/APMG International/Certified Agile Project Manager (or similar)
• Highly organised and able to manage, prioritize and complete multiple tasks
• Track record in ensuring projects are delivered to a deadline
• Outstanding collaboration skills and a strong team player
• Strong written & oral communication
• Strong experience of Project Management processes and frameworks
• Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
• Identifying, documenting & managing key dependencies within the scope of projects under the job holder’s control
• Ability to read communication styles of team members & stakeholders who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines
Highly desirable skills:
• Strong experience in business process transformation
• Experience in business case and strategy development
• Experience of PPM tools
• Self-motivated, willing to roll-sleeves up
• Ability to work across multiple teams
• Focus on quality analysis and delivery
• Focus on “what good looks like” and continuously seeking improvement
• Good inter-personal skills
How to Apply
Please apply to this position by utilising the “Apply Now” link below. You will be able to apply via email attaching your CV and any other documents you feel will strengthen your application.
Recruitment Privacy Notice
As part of our recruitment process ElectraLink Ltd collects and processes personal data relating to applicants and potential employees. May we request applicants familiarise themselves with the contents of our Recruitment Privacy Notice by utilising the link below.