ElectraLink PMO analyst will administer and organise all types of projects, from simple activities to more complex plans. The PMO analyst responsibilities include working closely with the Project Managers to prepare comprehensive action plans, including resources, timeframes and budgets for projects. They will perform various co-ordinating tasks, like schedule and risk management, along with administrative duties including maintaining project documentation repository and handling queries. To succeed in this role, the PMO Analyst should have excellent time management, written and verbal communication skills as the role will involve collaboration with all areas of ElectraLink, and its Partners, Suppliers and Clients to deliver results against deadlines. The duties are to ensure that all projects are completed on time, within budget and meet high quality standards, and to ensure that project processes such as change management, exception management and portfolio changes are well defined, managed and communicated. This role will make an important contribution to the successful delivery of key strategic projects within ElectraLink, which in turn will maintain and expand the position of ElectraLink within the utilities industry.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintaining an accurate and up-to-date view of current ElectraLink projects and those in the pipeline
- Maintaining the overall project portfolio schedule, maintaining both a high level and detailed view across all current and potential projects across all ElectraLink Business areas
- Co-ordinating and participating in project monitoring and tracking
- Ensuring adherence to process and deadlines for all projects and programmes.
- Monitoring, measuring and reporting on project performance including activity against the schedule, escalating issues or changes to milestones and budgets as required
- Assisting in the assessment and management of risks and issues within ElectraLink projects
- Identifying and prioritising possible pipeline projects
• Creating Project Portfolio communication on behalf of the PMO
• Working with the Project/Programme manager to assist in the development of ElectraLink standard documentation
• Ensuring ElectraLink project documentation is consistent with industry best practice.
- Demonstrable analytical skills
- Highly organised and able to manage, prioritize and complete multiple tasks
- Track record in ensuring work is delivered to a deadline
- Outstanding collaboration skills and a strong team player
- Able to write compelling and clear documentation
- Strong familiarity with Project Management processes and Frameworks
- Operating in both SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) and Waterfall environments
- One to two years of experience in a Project administration/Coordination support role and/or projects-related role
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
- Ability to read communication styles of team members and Stakeholders who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines
Highly desirable skills:
- Demonstrable experience in a Project-Coordinator/Administrator role
- Track record of various Programme and Projects Management Frameworks, including Prince II and Agile centric.
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products
- Self-motivated, willing to roll-sleeves up
- Ability to work across multiple teams
- Focus on quality analysis and delivery
- Focus on “what good looks like” and continuously seeking improvement
- Good inter-personal skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
ElectraLink is committed to providing career progression opportunities to its employees. The successful candidate will have the chance to learn about energy industry codes and their governance and work with people from across the industry to resolve industry issues. The position provides an excellent stepping stone towards future roles, with the potential to progress to a Governance Service Analyst at the end of the scheme.