This role is full-time, permanent position located in our Central Nottingham office with an annual salary up to £45,000 DOE, including 10% variable bonus and an excellent benefits package. We will also afford extensive remote working. Who is ElectraLink? ElectraLink is a growing company that loves technology and operates at the heart of the UK energy market by managing a central network for energy market participants to communicate, providing empowering insight into the challenges and opportunities facing the industry Why people join our team? We have remote working capabilities that allow for a healthy work-life balance. Our benefits package includes health, flexible pension, holiday trading, as well as extensive career development, training and more. We maintain an open communication from top to bottom and have lots of opportunities to hear ideas and make things work better.
We are looking for a Product Owner, with 2+ years of project delivery experience. You will have worked on agile projects in the role of Product Owner, you will have used a range of PO tools including mindmaps, product roadmaps and requirement management systems and will have worked in agile project teams to deliver products or services possibly under the leadership of a senior Product Owner.
You will be looking to expand your experience, to work on fast paced, more dynamic projects, looking to exert your vision and thoughts of how the products should evolve but still, at times need the support of an experienced PO lead.
We are looking for a product owner to join our project delivery function, to add capacity to an existing Product Owner Lead. To share in the ownership of ElectraLink’s product set, so that we can provide a designated PO to the on of our key products.
This Product Owner role has been established to operate within the Plan and Develop team and will be responsible for the development, enhancement, and ongoing success of EMPRIS.
The envisaged requirements and objectives of the role (as per current knowledge and expectations) are set out later in this document. In summary, the role involves the Product Owner being in a highly directive role for the one of our new products, EMPRIS (Energy Market Platform for Research, Insights and Statistics).
Product ownership will cover:
- Ownership of the innovation pipeline as related to EMPRIS
- Fully defined scope and requirements
- Forward looking development and evolution of the product that is driven by the following elements (not exhaustive):
- Prioritised enhancements, driven by backlog management against business drivers that are likely to be under frequent change
- A production environment that is secure and highly performant for customers and users, A development roadmap that supports planned future services / products that takes into account changes in the external business environment (e.g. Regulatory changes, Government research papers)
- Regularly measuring the performance of the products against the business’ key priorities both at present and predicted, and maintaining a forward-looking vision of how the EMPRIS product needs to be enhanced / tuned / etc.
- Operate as the one of the key interfaces to the rest of the ElectraLink business and its customers in terms of what the product can offer and the future roadmap for expanding and enhancing the product
- Act as a champion for change facilitated by EMPRIS, identifying, and promoting opportunities for the product to be the basis of solutions for Customer problems.
The Product Owner will be responsible for owning and managing EMPRIS (Energy Market Platform for Research, Insights and Statistics) a browser-based application that allows users to query and create visualisations from energy industry data.
The Product Owner will be responsible for driving scope, priorities and delivery for all design and delivery teams involved in the development, implementation, and ongoing success of the EMPRIS product. They will be responsible for driving the working scope and timescales for design and development teams. The Product Owner should be able to direct business analysts, architects, project managers, scrum masters, developers, and test teams in line with business drivers and priorities.
The main activities in this role include:
- To work within the existing methodology to support design / development / delivery teams within both Agile and Waterfall delivery environments
- To work within the existing methodology for the managing of the product backlog in conjunction with prioritisation of backlog items and communication of plans (including changes to plans)
- Work closely and on an on-going basis with:
- Business Visionary, who owns the relationship with the core Customers
- Heads of Services, to ensure product roadmaps align with their strategy
- Solution architecture team, to ensure change and deployment for architecture stays in advance of business objectives
- Business Analysts, to ensure their level of understanding is enough for them to fulfil their duties
- Project and scrum teams, to ensure full understanding of requirements, solution designs, priorities and deliveries
- Test leads, to ensure the test teams are fully knowledgeable on their test areas, and that they have all required information needed to create high quality test frameworks and deliveries
- Service support functions, to ensure that changes within the technical platform are supportable within the Service Management function
- Users, to ensure an understanding of their needs and communicate this throughout the company
- Sales teams, to both socialise enhancements in the development pipeline and to receive market knowledge
- Marketing, to inform, provide collateral on and to ensure alignment on communication of product enhancements.
- Provide vision and direction to the Agile development team and stakeholders across the operation and progression of the EMPRIS product. Create requirements, being the single point of contact for information relating to the product and new functions being added to the product
- Ensure that the development teams working on development of new and enhanced products always have an adequate amount of prior prepared tasks to work on
- Plan and prioritise product feature backlog and development for the product to ensure tactical execution of the correct changes to support the needs of the Users and future business aims
- Liaise regularly with the Lead Product Owner and other Product Owners to ensure consistency with Product best practices
- Help with the product vision and define the product roadmap
- Assessing value, prioritise stories, epics, and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- Provide backlog management, engage with iteration planning, and explain user stories
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Ensure understanding of our competitors and the industry changes are up to date
- Speak at relevant industry events to inform on the EMPRIS product and enhancements
- Keep abreast with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends.
Skills & Knowledge
- Previous working experience as a Product Owner for at least 2 years, and / or significant experience as a Business Analyst
- Working experience of data
- Understanding of GDPR and PII
- Worked in commercial environments, showing an understanding and appreciation of Profit and Loss
- Experience of digital product development, including browser-based applications
- Experience of using an online requirements management tool
- In-depth knowledge of Agile processes and principles
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and leadership skills
- Excellent organisational and management skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Creative thinker, coupled with a drive to deliver working product
- Attention to detail
- A passion for innovation.
- A focus on the value for Users, not just on the value for the product
- Organised, and able to transmit that organisation to personnel around themselves (especially at levels of detail, where priorities are in a state of flux)
- Able to operate effectively between detail, intermediate and high-level activities
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Able to act and behave with confidence and gravitas with senior clients and stakeholders
- Comfortable in presenting at client meetings up to senior level
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Possesses sound commercial and financial judgement.
How to Apply
Please apply to this position by utilising the “Apply Now” link below. You will be able to apply via email attaching your CV and any other documents you feel might strengthen your application.
Recruitment Privacy Notice
As part of our recruitment process ElectraLink Ltd collects and processes personal data relating to applicants and potential employees. May we request applicants familiarise themselves with the contents of our Recruitment Privacy Notice by utilising this URL https://electralink-cdn-1.s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/20092747/Recruitment-Privacy-Notice-v1.pdf