This is a full-time, permanent role located in either our London or Nottingham office. The annual salary is up to £35,000 DOE, including up to 10% bonus and benefits. We are currently running a virtual office for the foreseeable future. Our recruitment drive is continuing with new hires joining us using our remote working capabilities, with all interviews being conducted via Microsoft TEAMS. We ask candidates have access to a webcam for them to be able to attend interviews.
ElectraLink is looking for an experienced (5 year +) Portfolio Management Office (PMO) Lead with direct experience of working in organisations using Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
Key aspects of the role:
- To evolve, operate and manage the ElectraLink Change Delivery Process- this is ElectraLink’s governance process for identifying, qualifying and delivery of all change initiatives from concept, opportunity qualification, project initiation, execution, delivery and close. The PMO plays a critical role in coaching and supporting stakeholders in the process (roles and responsibilities) and also governs key parts of the process itself.
- Implementing and embedding the new Portfolio Management Tool into ElectraLink
- This person will provide added value from being able to bring best practice in areas such as portfolio management, managing dependencies across multiple projects (resources, risks, issues, escalations), lessons learned, benefits managements, to reporting on financial information such as ROI
- To delivery support to the project teams to do their jobs efficiently and effectively, providing training, coaching and quality assurance.
- The PMO Lead will be operate the PMO function on a day to day basis, in areas such as maintenance of the portfolio plan, month end reporting and dashboards, risk management. For the interim, until our PMO coordinator returns from maternity leave.
- To facilitate the sharing and reuse of tools, templates, best practice and lessons learned. For the interim, until our PMO coordinator returns from maternity leave.
- To be the central function for managing documentation, project history and compliance to audit related requirements. For the interim, until our PMO coordinator returns from maternity leave.
The PMO Lead responsibilities include working closely with the Head of Plan and Develop and Head of Projects and Implementation to monitor progress, manage risk in the portfolio, challenge the management of projects and to develop the maturity of the PMO function. ElectraLink is seeking an experienced PMO Lead who can bring insights, best practice, tools and approaches in order to build on existing practices, dashboards and process to develop the maturity of this function into a centre of excellence.
This role will also work with the team of Project Managers to drive standardisation across all projects, creation or accountability for PMO tools and dashboards, work in concert with Head of Projects and Implementation, Programme and project managers to support them in their management of risk, project finances, resource management and reporting in general. This person will need to perform various coordinating tasks, such as scheduling and risk management, along with administrative duties including maintaining project documentation repository and handling queries.
To succeed in this role, the PMO Lead should have excellent time management, written and verbal communication skills as the role will involve collaboration with all areas of ElectraLink, and its Partners, Suppliers and Clients to deliver results against deadlines.
The duties are to ensure that all projects are completed on time, within budget and meet high quality standards, and to ensure that project processes such as change management, exception management and portfolio changes are well defined, managed and communicated.
This role will make an important contribution to the successful delivery of key strategic projects within ElectraLink, which in turn will maintain and expand the position of ElectraLink within the utilities industry.
- Owning, evolving and day to day management of the ElectraLink Change Delivery process – the project governance process
- Maintaining the overall project portfolio schedule, maintaining both a high level and detailed view across all current and potential projects across all ElectraLink Business areas. For the interim, until our PMO coordinator returns from maternity leave.
- Creation / development and analysis of a suit of PMO dashboards and monthly reporting for senior management
- Co-ordinating and participating in project monitoring and tracking at varying levels (project and portfolio). For the interim, until our PMO coordinator returns from maternity leave.
- Ensuring adherence to process and deadlines for all projects and programmes. For the interim, until our PMO coordinator returns from maternity leave.
- Assisting in the assessment and management of risks and issues within ElectraLink projects
- Creating Project Portfolio communication on behalf of the PMO
- Working with the Project/Programme manager to assist in the development of ElectraLink standard documentation
Ensuring ElectraLink project documentation is consistent with industry best practice.
Skills & Knowledge
- Demonstrable experience in a PMO Lead role (5+ years experience). For example, to articulate or have a view as to “what good looks like” and continuously seeking improvement
- Track record of working in environments using Agile and traditional Waterfall frameworks
- Experienced in using portfolio management tools such as Planview, Clarity, PM3, Antura, Cora, MS Project and MS Office, especially Excel.
- Demonstrable analytical skills
- Highly organised and able to manage, prioritize and complete multiple tasks
- Track record in ensuring work is delivered to a deadline
- Outstanding collaboration skills and a strong team player
- Able to write compelling and clear documentation
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
- Ability to read communication styles of team members and Stakeholders who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
Highly desirable skills:
- Experience in the Utilities or Energy sector is highly desirable.
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products
- Self-motivated, willing to roll-sleeves up
- Ability to work across multiple teams
- Focus on quality analysis and delivery
Good inter-personal skills, written and oral communication skills
Recruitment Privacy Notice
As part of our recruitment process ElectraLink Ltd collects and processes personal data relating to applicants and potential employees. May we request applicants familiarise themselves with the contents of our Recruitment Privacy Notice by utilising the link below.
How to Apply
Please apply to this position by utilising the “Apply Now” link below. You will be able to apply via email attaching your CV and any other documents you feel will strengthen your application.