Utility Regulator Stakeholder Manager
This role is full-time, permanent position located in our London office with an annual salary up to £50,000 including 10% variable bonus and benefits. We are currently running a virtual office for the foreseeable future. Our recruitment drive is continuing with new hires joining us using our remote working capabilities, with all interviews being conducted via Microsoft TEAMS. We ask candidates have access to a webcam for them to be able to attend interviews.
This is an exciting and fast-moving time for the UK energy industry. ElectraLink operates at the heart of the UK energy market with unrivalled insight into the challenges and opportunities faced by the industry.
We work closely with key UK energy stakeholders such as energy suppliers, distributors and metering organisations as well as the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS) and Ofgem (the industry regulator).
At this time, we have an exciting opportunity for an Ofgem Stakeholder Manager who will be responsible for managing key strategic relationships with regulatory bodies, particularly focused on Ofgem and BEIS.
The purpose of this role will be to improve ElectraLink’s understanding of the UK energy market regulator and government department, BEIS, and help to build better connections between our organisations; to identify opportunities for ElectraLink’s data and understanding of the regulatory landscape to help shape policy development and ensure both organisations (BEIS and Ofgem) have a full understanding of the nature and purpose of ElectraLink. You will also ensure that all ElectraLink’s obligations with the regulator are discharged and to act as the coordination point for all communications between the company and these two important stakeholders.
Main purpose of job
- To ensure that any obligations to inform or consult with the regulator resulting from the operation ElectraLink’s business units are captured and discharged. This includes the role the CRS BU performs managing the governance of the DTSA and that GS BU performs on behalf of its code customers.
- To map roles and responsibilities in Ofgem and BEIS and use this understanding to broker better connections and relationships, ensuring that ElectraLink has the required standing to input into relevant regulatory decisions.
- To provide influencers and decision makers in Ofgem with relevant information on ElectraLink and analysis of market data to inform these key regulatory decisions.
- To identify opportunities to engage with the regulator on how ElectraLink’s data can support the better regulation of the UK energy market.
- To understand the regulator’s agenda for data management in the energy market and ensure that ElectraLink developments are aligned with this agenda
- To fully understand the strategic direction of Ofgem and BEIS and feed that information into the business planning process at ElectraLink.
- To own ElectraLink’s agenda with Ofgem across all ElectraLink Business Units.
Principle Skills & Experience
- Have experience in account management or new business development with a strong track record of performance across a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrable senior stakeholder engagement skills with government or regulatory bodies within the UK.
- An excellent knowledge of the UK energy market and its participants.
- An excellent understanding of the role Ofgem and BEIS play in regulating the energy market
- Ability to resolve both strategic/complex agreements.
- Minimum of 3 years utility industry experience.
- Good inter-personal skills. Able to act and behave with confidence and gravitas with senior clients and stakeholders, both internally and externally.
- The candidate must be able to understand complex solutions and then be able to explain to others in clear and simple terms.
- Self-motivated, willing to roll-sleeves up.
- A proven relevant personal network
- Comfortable in presenting at client meetings and industry events.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Possesses sound commercial and financial judgement.
- Identification of further Cost Recovery services / commercial developments supported by Ofgem’s strategy.
- ElectraLink’s representation at all key policy forming fora and working groups
- A functioning network of relationships between ElectraLink and Ofgem/BEIS
- Continuous improvement in service delivery to regulatory bodies
- Customer satisfaction feedback from stakeholders
- ElectraLink’s compliance with Ofgem obligations
- Uncertainty and risk management/ mitigation
Recruitment Privacy Notice
How to Apply
Please apply to this position by utilising the “Apply Now” link below. You will be able to apply via email attaching your CV and any other documents you feel might strengthen your application.