The UK energy industry is going through unprecedented change with the introduction of Smart Metering, faster switching and domestic half hourly settlement, alongside a number of non-policy driven technical (blockchain) and market changes (increase in DER). This role will analyse market transformation across the Electricity, Gas and Water markets to support the identification of changes that affect ElectraLink and identification of opportunities for Network Services, Data Services, the EMDH and Governance Services. This role will make a key contribution to delivering ElectraLink strategy to maintain and expand the position of ElectraLink within the utilities industry, with responsibility for tracking and prioritising industry driven change.
Responsible for tracking, prioritising and implementing industry driven change
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintaining an accurate and up-to-date view of the industry change pipeline
- Maintaining the overall change schedule, maintaining both a high level and detailed view across all industry change
- Monitoring and tracking activity against the industry change schedule, escalating issues or changes to milestones as required
- Assisting in the management of the industry change process
- Assisting in the assessment and management of risks and issues as applied to the industry change process
- Identifying and prioritising industry change.
- Creating and communicating impact assessments and consultation responses.
- Representing ElectraLink in industry forums.
- Ensuring data extracts are consistent with industry processes.
- Demonstrable analytical skills
- Highly organised and able to manage, prioritize and complete multiple tasks
- Track record in ensuring work is delivered to a deadline
- Outstanding collaboration skills and a strong team player
- Able to write compelling and clear solution descriptions
Highly Desirable Skills
- Demonstrable experience in a business analyst role
- Appreciation of ElectraLink and its role across the industry
- Existing experience in the UK Energy and Utilities market
- Track record in delivering change in a UK energy organisation
- Proven participation in industry forums
- Self-motivated, willing to roll-sleeves up
- Ability to work across multiple teams
- Good inter-personal skills
- Good written and oral communication skills