This role is full-time, permanent position located in our London or Nottingham office with an annual salary up to £85,000 DOE, including 10% variable bonus and benefits. Remote working will be afforded as our offices are currency closed due to Covid19 restrictions. However, once we reopen we will afford remote working approx 2 days per week. We are currently running a virtual office for the foreseeable future. Our recruitment drive is continuing with new hires joining us using our remote working capabilities, with all interviews being conducted via Microsoft TEAMS. We ask candidates have access to a webcam etc. for them to be able to attend interviews.
The Solutions Architect is a key role within ElectraLink’s Plan and Develop (P&D) Team, working across several development projects to ensure that solutions are defined and developed based on ElectraLink architecture standards and using appropriate technologies.
The role requires the job holder to assist in the deployment of a new Energy Market Data Hub solution, define the technical architecture and solutions for ElectraLink to provide service enhancements, design and architect tasks across other technical services provided by ElectraLink including data analysis services and cross utility industry solutions.
The Solutions Architect must be able to demonstrate a hands-on approach to defining and maintaining high level and low level technical architectures for data, network and application services. ElectraLink operates modern, virtual environments using cloud hosting services, open-source products and bespoke developments. The applicant must be able to demonstrate how an architecture will adhere to the non-functional as well as the functional aspects of the required solutions.
Working in conjunction with ElectraLink’s providers of technical services and delivery, the Solutions Architect will be expected to create and maintain architecture documentation to support the development of new and replacement systems and services. At all times the job holder should take into account existing services, architecture and ElectraLink’s technology roadmap when assessing proposed technical solutions from service providers.
- Work towards a consolidated data architecture with a focus on building a cohesive data centric architecture.
- Document high level architectural and data requirements, principles and approach
- Drive solution architecture standards and ensure 3rd party Suppliers conform to these standards
- Review and challenge bidders’ technical proposals against existing services, architecture, principles and ElectraLink’s technology roadmap
- Answer technical queries during procurement/development
- Articulate how non-functional requirements will be met
- Provide consultancy into implementation teams to ensure quality operations
Other key areas will be to suggest enhancements to the architecture of existing systems to ensure they remain performant and cost efficient
Skills & Knowledge
- Experience of Data Analytics platforms
- Documenting architecture and data lineage using industry standard methodologies
- Providing solution design guidance
- Working knowledge of modern security techniques and solutions
- Technical assessment of 3rd party technical solutions
- Systems integration solutions
- Support service providers in the areas of systems architecture and technical solution design / delivery
- Track record of maintaining coherent technical designs across multiple internal and external service providers and implementations
- Ability to explain technical designs, issues and recommendations to non-technical stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Well organised, structured and proactive approach to work
- Ability to quickly assimilate and understand technical details and new technologies
- Knowledge and understanding of restful architectures
- Demonstrable track record of delivering secure platform services in a public cloud environment using open source or cloud native technologies
- Hands-on experience of current, supportable solutions and tools in public cloud environments including AWS and Azure
- Knowledge of event driven, service-oriented architectures
- Experience of designing flexible and extensible technology services based on Open Standards and industry best practice
- Knowledge and understanding of multi-channel software platforms
- Expertise on modern software delivery and maintenance techniques including SAFE and DevOps
- Knowledge of current best practice in data analysis and data management techniques and tools
- Experience in Architecture methodologies such as TOGAF
- Experience of documenting architecture using Archimate or UML
Recruitment Privacy Notice
As part of our recruitment process ElectraLink Ltd collects and processes personal data relating to applicants and potential employees. May we request applicants familiarise themselves with the contents of our Recruitment Privacy Notice by utilising the link below or this URL https://www.electralink.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Recruitment-Privacy-Notice-v1.pdf
How to Apply
Please apply to this position by utilising the “Apply Now” link below. You will be able to apply via email attaching your CV and any other documents you feel might strengthen your application.