Job Purpose: An opportunity has arisen for a commercial contracts lawyer to join the Commercial and Legal Department as a Legal Counsel. The successful candidate will provide highly professional legal support to the business and assist in the continued development of the service.
Main duties and responsibilities:This is an interesting and varied role, the successful candidate will draft, develop, amend and negotiate a wide range of commercial contracts including:
- Sales contracts
- Purchase contracts (OJEU experience/awareness would be useful but not essential)
- NDA’s DPA’s Collaboration Agreements
- Provide support to, and partner with, business leads to resolve legal /contractual queries as required
- Support the Company Secretarial function including drafting board papers, arranging and attending meetings, etc.
- Assist in compliance audits and the implementation of any necessary improvements.
- This may include: Drafting and amending policies and/ or processes and training employees on compliance obligations.
- A solicitor (or similar) with ideally 1 to 3 years PQE Previous experience working in-house in a commercial contracts role ideally within the technology or energy sector
- Preferred but not essential - previous experience of company secretarial matters and compliance
- Strong organisational skills, familiar with electronic document management and filing systems
- Comfortable prioritising and delivering large workloads to time constraints
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills adaptable to different personalities
- Natural team player with exceptional attention to detail.
- Competent in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook etc.