Lead Business Analyst
This role is full-time, permanent position located in our Central Nottingham office with an annual salary up to £70,000 DOE, including 10% variable bonus and an excellent benefits package. We will also afford extensive remote working. Who is ElectraLink? ElectraLink is a growing company that loves technology and operates at the heart of the UK energy market by managing a central network for energy market participants to communicate, providing empowering insight into the challenges and opportunities facing the industry Why people join our team? We have remote working capabilities that allow for a healthy work-life balance. Our benefits package includes health, flexible pension, holiday trading, as well as extensive career development, training and more. We maintain an open communication from top to bottom and have lots of opportunities to hear ideas and make things work better.
Job Purpose & Overview
Joining a growing Architecture and Analysis team within the Plan and Develop department, your primary role will be supporting your stakeholders with the definition and delivery of enhancements to ElectraLink’s products and services. You’ll work collaboratively and become an expert in a growing business so you can ensure project deliverables will add maximum value and contribute to our business strategy as well as improving the capability of the team.
This is an exciting and fast-moving time for the UK energy industry. ElectraLink is a growing company, operating at the heart of the UK energy market with unrivalled insight into the challenges and opportunities faced by the industry.
We work closely with key UK energy stakeholders such as energy suppliers, distributors and metering organisations as well as the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS) and Ofgem (the industry regulator).
Our unmatched market reach and access to market participants means we have a unique data set that provides a view of the entire UK energy market, combined with the ability to offer advanced data analytics and energy market insights.
Our position at the heart of the UK energy industry also gives us a unique capability to provide other services crucial to the gas and electricity markets:
- We provide unique market insight through analysis of the DTS market data that we process in our central industry role.
- Our reputation for impartiality and energy market expertise makes us an ideal partner in the implementation and change management of energy industry Governance arrangements.
- Our established Data Transfer Network (DTN) supports the development of more efficient market processes at a time of rapid energy industry change.
All of this means we are able to actively contribute to the energy industry as thought leaders and innovators, sharing our knowledge and providing insight into the future of the market.
Main purpose of Job
With guidance from the Head of Architecture and Analysis, you’ll be supporting projects and business initiatives by identifying opportunities, problems, gaps and driving out the business requirements that need to be delivered. By working with subject matter experts, you’ll build the capabilities of Analysis the team and take a lead role in developing junior analysts and improving the approach and company wide understanding of the analysis function.
You’ll have recognised qualifications and experience in the use best practice tools, techniques, methodologies and processes to effectively deliver business and IT change across a varied landscape of Products and Services.
The Lead Business Analyst will also be expected to continuously think about our ways of working and to suggest improvements to enhance our project deliveries.
You will take the lead on core Business Analysis tasks/activities such as stakeholder interviews, business process modelling, gap analysis, requirements elicitation, definition and management of the requirements catalogue. We may also ask you to support with business readiness activities as needed, such as updating existing documentation.
You’ll also need to build strong relationships within the Architecture & Analysis function as well as with Product Owners, Project Managers, Solution Architects, Testers, Business Sponsors and Subject Matter Experts. We expect you to be a team player and to actively contribute to the evolution of the Enterprise Architecture & Analysis team, and other areas within ElectraLink.
Principle Skills & Experience
The role holder must possess the following demonstrable skills or experience:
- Previous experience working as a Senior or Lead Business Analyst
- An extensive working knowledge of Business Analysis tools and techniques
- An analytical mindset and able to understand complex problems and get to the root cause of issues or business needs
- The ability to adapt their approach to varied and changing conditions
- Be comfortable with vagary and able to shape it into a cohesive concept
- Experience of developing and coaching of junior colleagues
- Ability to apply critical thinking to a situation or problem in order to form a balanced and objective judgment
- Excellent Client Relationship / Stakeholder Management skills
- Ability to use Influencing and Negotiation skills to effect a desired outcome
- Excellent Presentation and articulation skills with the ability to tailor delivery to the audience
- Experience in eliciting, detailing and managing business requirements
- Able to clearly document processes to suit business and technical audiences
- Effective Facilitation and meeting management
- Experience collaborating with Solution Architects to ensure solutions devised meet the needs of the business
- Experience of both Project Delivery and enduring Product Development
- Support the Project Managers as required by feeding into project and business readiness plans
- Experience in Systems and Data Analysis & Modelling
- A strong communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Resilient and able to manage conflicts when they arise
- Can multi-task and is comfortable working on several projects at the same time
- Work on your own initiative, prioritise workload accordingly and provide regular updates on activities stakeholders as required
- A willingness to learn and develop yourself and confident to work outside of your comfort zone
- Ability to work flexibly when reasonably required
The demonstrable skills or experience in the following are desirable:
- A recognised Qualification in Business Analysis
- Experience of Agile Delivery Principles and Practices e.g. Scrum / SAFe / DSDM
- Experience of solution delivery within Regulated environments
- Specific Knowledge or experience of Utilities (Electricity / Gas)
- Experience of Outsourced/Off-shore Development
- Experience of working effectively with and in Remote & Distributed Teams
How to Apply
Please apply to this position by utilising the “Apply Now” link below. You will be able to apply via email attaching your CV and any other documents you feel might strengthen your application.
Recruitment Privacy Notice
As part of our recruitment process ElectraLink Ltd collects and processes personal data relating to applicants and potential employees. May we request applicants familiarise themselves with the contents of our Recruitment Privacy Notice by utilising this URL https://electralink-cdn-1.s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/20092747/Recruitment-Privacy-Notice-v1.pdf