Junior IT Support Technician
Job Purpose We currently have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and ambitious Junior IT Support Technician to join our growing technical services team, reporting directly to the Head of IT Services. You will play a significant role in our IT department, supporting around 100 users across two locations, one in the Midlands, the other in London. We are looking for a self-motivated team player with good technical skills, strong multitasking abilities, who takes pride in the quality of their work and who enjoys working in a dynamic and growing environment. Most importantly we are looking for somebody with a desire to learn new technology. ElectraLink bases its operations on cloud-based platforms, typically using the Microsoft Office stack in Azure, access through VPNs to support work from any location. At the outset, advanced, detailed technical knowledge is not essential but we expect the successful candidate will already have some hands-on experienced of administering and trouble-shooting desktop/laptop and mobile applications a Microsoft environment; this role will provide the right candidate with the opportunity to learn. You will benefit from working with a passionate and supportive team who are open to new ideas and are continually looking to improve the way we ensure the quality of our services. We offer a generous training budget, flexible working approach and private medical insurance amongst other benefits.
This is an exciting and fast-moving time for the UK energy industry. ElectraLink is a growing company, operating at the heart of the UK energy market with unrivalled insight into the challenges and opportunities faced by the industry.
We work closely with key UK energy stakeholders such as energy suppliers, distributors and metering organisations as well as the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS) and Ofgem (the industry regulator).
Our unmatched market reach and access to market participants means we have a unique data set that provides a view of the entire UK energy market, combined with the ability to offer advanced data analytics and energy market insights.
Our position at the heart of the UK energy industry also gives us a unique capability to provide other services crucial to the gas and electricity markets:
- We provide unique market insight through analysis of the DTS market data that we process in our central industry role.
- Our reputation for impartiality and energy market expertise makes us an ideal partner in the implementation and change management of energy industry Governance arrangements.
- Our established Data Transfer Network (DTN) supports the development of more efficient market processes at a time of rapid energy industry change.
All of this means we are able to actively contribute to the energy industry as thought leaders and innovators, sharing our knowledge and providing insight into the future of the market.
Main purpose of job
Key elements of the role include:
- Provide exceptional 1st line support for users across both Nottingham and London offices
- Respond and resolve all calls within agreed SLA
- Install, maintain and support new applications
- nstall and configure laptops from a build server and mobile devices via an MDM solution
- Onboard new users and leavers
- Liaise with outsourced service desk to ensure tickets are handled effectively
- Deliver small projects as well as BAU tasks
- Create users, mailboxes, security groups and distribution groups
- General server administration tasks including deployment server updates, disk and performance monitoring
- Helping with meeting rooms and other AV/Video conference requests
- Trouble-shoot technical issues in a secure environment, using standard VPN technologies and Microsoft Office platforms in Azure
Principle Skills & Experience
Key skills and experience
Required (experience of providing hands-on technical support of the following):
- Windows 10
- Office 365
- Skype for Business
- MS Teams
- Android OS
Desirable (experience of providing hands-on technical support of the following):
- Server 2012/2016
- Microsoft Exchange
- Mac OSX
- SharePoint and CRM experience
- A natural curiosity
- Attention to detail and quality
- A good understanding of the business approach
- Good writing skills
- Good communications skills
- The ability to work in a team and as an individual
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- The ability to build key relationships
- The ability to deal with users in a confident and friendly manner