We are currently running a virtual office for the foreseeable future. Our recruitment drive is continuing with new hires joining us using our remote working capabilities. All interview will be conducted via Skype Video. We ask candidates have access to a webcam for them to be able to attend interviews. Responsibilities Responsible for the development of the Energy Market Insight product portfolio.
- Supporting sales initiatives and developing innovative technical solutions that meet client and market requirements
- Creating and maintaining new performant, secure and value based public cloud infrastructure that meets ElectraLink design principles to support the development, testing and operation of new products and services.
- Translating requirements into technical solutions for new data services including data acquisition, transformation, matching, enrichment, anonymization, secure access and presentation.
- Building, testing and automating new data services that integrate multiple data sources.
- Working with team colleagues, the ElectraLink test team and external partners to ensure performance and accuracy of outputs to meet client needs.
- Developing custom and self-service BI reporting capabilities using COTS tools such as Tableau.
- Maintaining a broad knowledge of the technical solutions and standards available in the energy and smart metering market
- Experience in data acquisition, enrichment and matching using COTS ETL tools such as Pentaho and Informatica
- Experience of operating and managing AWS cloud environments (infrastructure as code) with a focus on performance, value for money and security.
- Knowledge of logical and physical data modelling techniques
- Knowledge of approaches to data masking and anonymization to support data security and privacy requirements
- Experience in developing custom and self-service BI reporting capabilities using COTS tools such as Tableau and QlikView as well as SQL
- Highly desirable skills
- Experience in “big data” platforms (e.g. Hadoop) and traditional RDBMS technologies
- Experience in working in an agile / scrum “fail-fast” environment
- Experience of using AWS CodeCommit
- Able to deal with structured, unstructured and semi-structured data
- Development and articulation of solution design both verbally and in writing e.g. option papers