This role is a full-time, permanent position located in our Central London or Nottingham office with remote working being afforded. The annual salary is up to £65,000 DOE, including 10% variable bonus and benefits. Our recruitment drive is continuing with interviews being conducted via Microsoft TEAMS. We ask candidates have access to a webcam etc. for them to be able to attend interviews.
The Insight Developer will create and support new and current insight products for EMI (Energy Market Insight) services. The role will report to the Head of Service Development and have the responsibility for the development life-cycle process including creation of cloud-based infrastructure, product definition, development, testing and implementation into production.
Responsible for the development of the Energy Market Insight product portfolio.
- Supporting sales initiatives and developing innovative technical solutions that meet client and market requirements
- Creating and maintaining new performance, secure and value based public cloud infrastructure that meets ElectraLink design principles to support the development, testing and operation of new products and services.
- Translating requirements into technical solutions for new data services including data acquisition, transformation, matching, enrichment, anonymization, secure access and presentation.
- Building, testing and automating new data services that integrate multiple data sources.
- Ensuring the timely delivery of existing products and services to clients.
- Working with team colleagues, the ElectraLink test team and external partners to ensure performance and accuracy of outputs to meet client needs.
- Developing custom and self-service BI reporting capabilities using COTS tools such as Tableau.
- Maintaining a broad knowledge of the technical solutions and standards available in the energy and smart metering market.
Skills & Knowledge
- Experience in data acquisition, enrichment and matching using COTS ETL tools such as Pentaho or Informatica
- Experience of operating and managing AWS cloud environments (infrastructure as code) with a focus on performance, value for money and security.
- Knowledge of logical and physical data modelling techniques
- Knowledge of approaches to data masking and anonymization to support data security and privacy requirements
- Experience in developing custom and self-service BI reporting capabilities using COTS tools such as Tableau, QlikView and SQL.
Highly desirable skills
- Experience in “big data” platforms (e.g. Hadoop) and traditional RDBMS technologies
- Experience in working in an agile / scrum “fail-fast” environment
- Experience of using AWS CodeCommit
- Able to deal with structured, unstructured and semi-structured data
- Development and articulation of solution design both verbally and in writing e.g. option papers.
How to Apply
Please apply to this position by utilising the “Apply Now” link below. You will be able to apply via email attaching your CV and any other documents you feel might strengthen your application.