This role is full-time, permanent position located in our Central London or Central Nottingham office with an annual salary up to £65,000 DOE, including 10% variable bonus and an excellent benefits package. We will also afford an element of remote working. Who is ElectraLink? ElectraLink is a growing company that loves technology and operates at the heart of the UK energy market by managing a central network for energy market participants to communicate, providing empowering insight into the challenges and opportunities facing the industry Why people join our team? We have remote working capabilities that allow for a healthy work-life balance. Our benefits package includes health, flexible pension, holiday trading, as well as extensive career development, training and more. We maintain an open communication from top to bottom and have lots of opportunities to hear ideas and make things work better.
The Insight Developer will create and support new and current insight products for EMI (Energy Market Insight) services. The role will report to the Head of Service Development and have the responsibility for the development life-cycle process including creation of cloud-based infrastructure, product definition, development, testing and implementation into production.
Responsible for the development of the Energy Market Insight product portfolio.
- Supporting sales initiatives and developing innovative technical solutions that meet client and market requirements
- Creating and maintaining new performance, secure and value based public cloud infrastructure that meets ElectraLink design principles to support the development, testing and operation of new products and services.
- Translating requirements into technical solutions for new data services including data acquisition, transformation, matching, enrichment, anonymisation, secure access and presentation.
- Building, testing and automating new data services that integrate multiple data sources.
- Ensuring the timely delivery of existing products and services to clients.
- Working with team colleagues, the ElectraLink test team and external partners to ensure performance and accuracy of outputs to meet client needs.
- Developing custom and self-service BI reporting capabilities using COTS tools such as Tableau.
- Maintaining a broad knowledge of the technical solutions and standards available in the energy and smart metering market.
Skills & Knowledge
- Experience in data acquisition, enrichment and matching using COTS ETL tools such as Pentaho or Informatica
- Experience of operating and managing AWS cloud environments (infrastructure as code) with a focus on performance, value for money and security.
- Knowledge of logical and physical data modelling techniques
- Knowledge of approaches to data masking and anonymisation to support data security and privacy requirements
- Experience in developing custom and self-service BI reporting capabilities using COTS tools such as Tableau, QlikView and SQL.
Highly desirable skills
- Experience in “big data” platforms (e.g. Hadoop) and traditional RDBMS technologies
- Experience in working in an agile / scrum “fail-fast” environment
- Experience of using AWS CodeCommit
- Able to deal with structured, unstructured and semi-structured data
- Development and articulation of solution design both verbally and in writing e.g. option papers.
How to Apply
Please apply to this position by utilising the “Apply Now” link below. You will be able to apply via email attaching your CV and any other documents you feel might strengthen your application.
Recruitment Privacy Notice
As part of our recruitment process ElectraLink Ltd collects and processes personal data relating to applicants and potential employees. May we request applicants familiarise themselves with the contents of our Recruitment Privacy Notice by utilising this URL https://electralink-cdn-1.s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/20092747/Recruitment-Privacy-Notice-v1.pdf