Head of Service Delivery
The first responsibility of the Head of Service Delivery is to ensure continued delivery of technical services including the Data Transfer Service (DTS) and Energy Market Data Hub (EMDH), within tightly defined service levels. Additionally, the Head of Service Delivery will take an active role in client engagement, including the management of the DTS User Group. As the ElectraLink business is embarking on a period of internal business change to align with the company’s expanded business horizons and increased demands for service delivery across a varied portfolio of customers and users, the job holder will be pivotal in managing the business change process for the company’s Service Management function.
Main purpose of job
ElectraLink provides a range of services to the UK utility markets.
This Head of Service Delivery role is primarily focused on delivery and operation of specific current and future products. Typically, these services are delivered via an external service provider, supplemented by an internal help desk team. It is envisaged that future planned services will be delivered via a range of external service providers, and a key element of the business change process will be to set up the service management function to interact with the appointed services combined with expansion of current services in terms of both volume and of method of technical operation.
The Head of Service Delivery will manage a small dedicated team providing 1st and 2nd line support to ElectraLink Technical Services Clients. The team will manage incident resolution and service requests including interaction with the Service Provider DevOps team as appropriate. This team will also be responsible for measuring performance of 3rd party technical services and addressing any resultant performance issues in conjunction with ElectraLink’s contract management team.
The service delivery team will also manage configuration and standard change management procedures.
The successful applicant will have a working knowledge of the gas and electricity retail markets and the information shared between parties.
The successful applicant will be comfortable collaborating with multiple internal and external stakeholders with disparate levels of knowledge and technical understanding of the product processes and tools.
The successful applicant will provide regular service reporting to customers, the senior management team and the ElectraLink board or Directors through the CTO & Director of Operations.
The successful candidate will work with internal Product Owners to identify and validate items for the Product Backlog.
Working with internal and external partners the successful applicant will ensure the support of the final products to agreed SLAs.
Principle Skills & Experience
- Manage complex customer relationships
- Manage 3rd party providers to achieve desired outcomes
- Monitoring and reporting against SLAs
- Positive can-do attitude to drive service improvements
- Demonstrable staff management
- Pro-active hands-on approach to resolving issues
- Strong planning skills
- Excellent customer satisfaction
- Business and process tgransformation
- Clear service reporting adhering to in-house standards
- Able to clearly document processes for internal and external consumption
- Experience of managing and working in an ITIL environment
- Able to work on own initiative
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work flexibly when reasonably required
- Agile project delivery
- Knowledge of the UK water industry
- Demonstrable knowledge of electricity and gas retail market data catalogues and data transfer