Head of Marketing and Engagement
This role is a full-time, permanent position located in our Central London or Nottingham office with extensive remote working being afforded. The annual salary is up to £65,000 DOE, including 10% variable bonus and excellent benefits package. Our recruitment drive is continuing with interviews being conducted via Microsoft TEAMS. We ask candidates have access to a webcam etc. for them to be able to attend interviews.
This is an exciting and fast-moving time for the UK energy industry. ElectraLink is a growing company, operating at the heart of the UK energy market with unrivaled insight into the challenges and opportunities faced by the industry.
ElectraLink is owned by the energy distributors and manages, on behalf of the UK energy market participants, the regulated data transfer infrastructure required to operate the market.
We work closely with all UK energy stakeholders such as energy suppliers, distributors, and metering organisations as well as the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS) and Ofgem (the industry regulator).
Our unmatched market reach and access to market participants means we have a unique data set that provides a view of the entire UK energy market, combined with the ability to offer advanced data analytics and energy market insights.
Our position at the heart of the UK energy industry also gives us a unique capability to provide other services crucial to the gas and electricity markets including:
- Unique market insight through analysis of the DTS market data that we process in our central industry role.
- Partnering in the implementation and change management of energy industry Governance arrangements.
- Development of more efficient market processes at a time of rapid energy industry change.
All of this means we can actively contribute to the energy industry as a thought leader, innovator, and service provider.
Reporting to the Director of Diversity and Engagement, the Head of Marketing and Engagement will manage our Marketing and Engagement team and lead on the delivery of our marketing and communications strategy, as well as supporting the delivery of our engagement programmes
Marketing ElectraLink’s products and services successfully is vital to ensuring the continued growth and the achievement of income targets. The successful candidate will be someone who is both visionary and practical, able to think strategically about what, when and how we communicate and engage, and identify the most appropriate techniques and technology in order to ensure its effectiveness. We are looking for someone with an understanding of marketing concepts and technologies, as well as the ability to successfully manage a small but well-established team.
You will be responsible for the development of marketing materials, managing our presence on social media, managing our website and developing communications and engagement plans to support our corporate objectives.
Main purpose of job
- Develop and lead on a multi-channel marketing strategy that supports the success of our commercial ambitions, helps in the delivery of company’s business plans and protects and furthers the ElectraLink brand;
- Ensure a strategic, coordinated marketing and engagement approach for ElectraLink.
- Lead and supervise the work of the Marketing and Engagement team, empowering them to maximise on their strengths and expertise.
- Develop and implement some of the more complex marketing plans and campaigns across ElectraLink
- Provide marketing and communications expertise and guidance to the wider organisation, taking a codesign approach to marketing and, when required, engagement;
- Design and manage multi-channel marketing and branding approaches that are driven by the goals of our marketing and engagement strategy, including our corporate website and social media sites;
- Provide marketing and communications input to support several cross-cutting engagement programmes
- Support the design and jointly deliver key corporate events that support our engagement strategy;
- Use a range of tools including developing digital channels and content;
- Support the Director of Diversity and Engagement to ensure the successful delivery of the external engagement aspect of the Marketing and Engagement strategy
- Support the Director and Diversity and Engagement to ensure the successful delivery of the internal engagement and communications strategy to facilitate the growing employee and contractor base to ensure clear, transparent communication throughout the company from management down and employee up;
Retain, develop and motivate a diverse and talented marketing team, and develop team structure over time.
Principle Skills & Experience
- A solid background in B2B marketing
- Demonstrable experience of leading a multi-discipline marketing and engagement team
- Experience of running and evaluating multichannel, including digital, marketing campaigns;
- Understanding of digital and multichannel trends.
- Experience in developing an organisation’s narrative;
- Excellent project management skills and communication skills;
- IT literate with competent skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook as a minimum, and preferably an understanding of Customer Relationship Management Systems (CRM);
- A high degree of professionalism and personal integrity;
- Attention to detail and desire to deliver a quality service;
- Strong organisational skills including ability to manage and prioritise workload;
- University degree, preferably a master’s degree or equivalent working experience;
Highly desirable skills:
- Experience in developing engagement strategies
- Experience in internal communications and engagement
- Some working experience in energy
- Understanding of marketing budgets and ROI
- Self-motivated, willing to roll-sleeves up.
- Good inter-personal skills.
- Able to act and behave with confidence and gravitas;
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
How to apply
Please apply to this position by utilising the “Apply Now” link below. You will be able to apply via email attaching your CV and any other documents you feel might strengthen your application.
Recruitment Privacy Notice
As part of our recruitment process ElectraLink Ltd collects and processes personal data relating to applicants and potential employees. May we request applicants familiarise themselves with the contents of our Recruitment Privacy Notice by utilising this URL https://electralink-cdn-1.s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/20092747/Recruitment-Privacy-Notice-v1.pdf