Head of Business Development
We are recruiting for a Head of Business Development, which is a full-time, permanent position based in either of our London or Nottingham offices. Reporting to our fantastic Chief Data Officer, The Head of Business Development will be responsible for the senior level engagement with key customers and partners to communicate the value of ElectraLink and to identify growth opportunities. These opportunities will deliver either shared or point solutions to address common energy industry problems, particularly in the transition to a low-carbon energy system. You will have established team management skills as you will have three senior reports to lead and inspire, who all have teams reporting to them. Together, you will play a critical role in developing and executing the company’s commercial strategies, establishing and leveraging strong customer relationships that support ElectraLink’s plans for growth. As an ambassador of ElectraLink, you will ensure our is brand known and positioned in the market to:
- Drive the low carbon transition debate.
- Have strong views on flexibility and the requirements of the new DSO/FSO market roles.
- Win data and digitalisation opportunities.
ElectraLink is a growing company, operating at the heart of the UK energy market with unrivalled insight into the challenges and opportunities faced by the industry.
Our data hub supports the development of a more efficient energy market that is accommodating the transition to local generation and balancing.
Our position at the heart of the UK energy industry also gives us a unique capability to provide other services crucial to the gas and electricity markets including:
• Unique market insight through analysis of the DTS market data that we process in our central industry role.
• Partnering in the implementation and change management of energy industry Governance arrangements.
• Development of more efficient market processes at a time of rapid energy industry change.
All of this means we can actively contribute to the energy industry as a thought leader, innovator, and service provider.
Professional Service Area Leadership:
- Develop a pipeline of growth opportunities that seek to maximise ElectraLink’s capability and your network to grow our client base and provide service excellence to our clients.
- Develop new business propositions and opportunities by networking and developing strong, long-term relationships across the Energy sector.
- Plan and execute a Business Development Engagement Strategy that widens the reach of ElectraLink and improves the understanding of the products and services ElectraLink offers.
- For the DNOs and other influential stakeholders, establish an Account Plan that best leverage ElectraLink’s position, deepens relationships within each organisation and enables delivery of data and digitalisation solutions.
Plan and Manage Professional Service Area Activities:
- Contribute to the development of departmental strategy and objectives.
- Ensure professional areas is in line with statutory requirements and relevant best practice.
- Provide coaching and mentoring in best practice business development to the business.
- Lead the senior reports in the team and provide strategic support in line with their specialist areas.
- Stimulate business growth by providing insightful market analysis, market monitoring and stakeholder engagement.
- Identify potential areas of opportunity and market insight that contributes to the strategic direction and development of the business.
- Proactively influences customers to increase their confidence in the capabilities of both ElectraLink staff and its services that ensures a positive customer experience.
- Have a proven track record in business development at Executive level.
- Have experience in dealing with high-value and specialist energy or data businesses.
- Have extensive experience in providing thought leadership and utilising a partnership model in business development.
- Have strong business development management and team leadership skills.
- Be an expert in planning and organisational ability.
- Have an innovative mindset and passion for identifying and implementing data and digitalisation solutions.
- Have an active interest in cultivating and maintaining long-term, relationships with clients.
- Have an appreciation of end-to-end customer experience.
- Have proficient experience in competitive energy market.
- Have excellent communication and sales presentation skills.
- Have strong senior level interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Be professionally qualified in a relevant specialism, with post-qualification experience.
- Hybrid/flexible working including a 4-day week!
- Private healthcare for you and your family which includes pre-existing conditions
- Employee Assistance Programme and Mental Health Cover
- Company bonus and annual pay reviews
- Annual training budget and quarterly reviews to support your professional development
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
- 50% off Fitness First
- Monthly social events organised by our Social Committee
- Open lines of communication throughout the business- your voice matters!
- Regular Employee Forum meetings to gather suggestions from the business on making ElectraLink an even better place to work!
- Innovative and open to new ideas to support our net-zero status
- Exciting, innovative and fastmoving company which is growing – high challenge, high support environment
Ready to apply?
If this sounds like the role for you, we would love for you to get in touch. Please use the ‘Apply Now’ button below. Please attach your CV and any other documents you feel might strengthen your application.