Governance Services Senior Consultant
ElectraLink is at the heart of the energy industry providing communication, governance and data services to underpin the transformation of the energy industry. We are committed to supporting competition and delivering the right solutions for our customers. This means that we are looking for forward thinking individuals who can identify and solve problems that they will be responsible for presenting to the energy industry and subsequently delivering. If you are looking for your next challenge, have a history of delivering change and are excited about using our unique access to industry data to solve problems them we have a role for you. In exchange we offer a competitive salary and bonus arrangements, combined with flexible working so that you can work at the location and when suits you. We are results focused, not clock watchers. We also offer access to company benefits including discounted offers from selected retailers, gym membership, fully funded private healthcare along with the normal benefits. The role will involve:
- Working with BEIS, Ofgem and other industry stakeholders to design solutions and support large scale industry projects, including wholesale network change;
- Completing process improvement programme centred around the customer lifecycle;
- Leading industry working groups to implement industry code changes and evolving non-regulatory services which ElectraLink are developing. This will involve chairing meetings and overseeing meeting material;
- Develop thought leadership and write industry white papers;
- Identify new business development opportunities;
- Have a collaborative approach in identifying synergies with wider ElectraLink capabilities and where applicable work with other service areas within the organisation;
- Support delivery of the ElectraLink strategy;
- Write and present papers to industry code boards and panels, liaise with other code administrators, trade associations and third parties to promote industry best practise; and
- Represent ElectraLink at regulatory meetings, events, conferences and seminars.
- Mentor more junior members of staff to develop project management and problem solving skills.
Principle Skills & Experience
It is essential the candidate has the following skills/experience:
- Significant experience working in the gas or electricity industry, and preferably with a deep understanding of network operation;
- Experience leading projects;
- Able to use experience and knowledge to suggest solutions to industry issues and drive these solutions forward;
- Excellent stakeholder management skills;
- High standard of written English;
- Experience producing documents and presenting them to various levels of organisations;
- Have a large network of industry contacts;
- Able to adapt to a flexible working style;
- Team player to mentor more junior members of the team as necessary and contribute to the overall success of the team; and
- Experience writing consultations and white papers.
It is desirable the candidate has some of the following skills/experience:
- Consultancy experience working with suppliers, network operators and/or third parties;
- Experience of responding to large scale RFP and RFIs;
- An understanding of code governance and industry change process;
- Experience of the Change of Supplier process within gas and electricity;
- Audit and compliance experience; and
- Procurement experience.
The role will have objectives set around the following performance measures, with an associated reward structure:
- Delivery of industry projects to time and on budget
- Support ElectraLink deliver core code services and design processes to embed new processes.
- ElectraLink strategy
- Expand existing services by identifying improvements to industry processes and regulation
Identify and develop wider opportunities across utilities