Governance Services Graduate
An exciting new opportunity is available in the Governance Services team at ElectraLink for a Governance Services Graduate. This is an excellent opportunity to develop a wide range of skills, whilst also learning about the energy industry in a period of significant regulatory change. Nature & Scope Client management is key to the role, which will be very varied and will require you to take responsibility for progressing code changes, providing Technical Secretariat services to industry groups and supporting a number of internal and external projects. You will work with internal stakeholders, deal with multiple energy companies as well as industry bodies such as BEIS and Ofgem. Due to the nature of the role, you should be prepared to work in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple tasks, and have the ability to meet tight deadlines. Your strong communication skills, both written and verbal, will enable you to manage both internal and external stakeholders. Rotation For the first three months of the programme, you will be responsible for delivering code administration services within the Services Team, following which you will spend three months each in the Theft, SPAA, and Business Development teams. Key Accountabilities Key elements of the role include but are not limited to:
- Organising meetings and forums with industry participants and preparing meeting documentation (e.g. agendas, papers and minutes).
- Technical Secretariat and support to industry Working Groups.
- Progressing Change Proposals in accordance with agreed procedures and service levels, and prepare clear and accurate reports.
- Providing updates to ensure that the progress and status of Change Proposals and Working Groups are effectively communicated internally and externally.
- Co-ordinating consultations to seek industry views on proposals.
- Supporting projects both internally and on behalf of our clients.
- Effectively engaging key stakeholders and developing productive working relationships, promoting the organisation and delivering business benefits.
- Responding to customer helpdesk queries and providing advice and guidance, where required.
- Developing documentation and maintaining all internal working procedures.
- Identifying and implementing areas for improvement.
It is essential that you have the following skills/experience:
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Highly organised and the ability to manage conflicting priorities effectively.
• Good interpersonal skills – able to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
• Attention to detail and focus on the accuracy of work and procedures.
• Confident expressing views and providing advice and guidance to clients.
• Experience producing documents at various levels of formality and complexity.
• Proficient MS Office skills.
It is desirable for you to have:
• Experience in note taking.
• Knowledge and understanding of the UK Energy sector.
ElectraLink is committed to providing career progression opportunities to its employees. The successful candidate will have the chance to learn about energy industry codes and their governance and work with people from across the industry to resolve industry issues. The position provides an excellent stepping stone towards future roles, with the potential to progress to a Governance Service Analyst at the end of the scheme.