Governance Services Consultant
The Governance Services Team manages the SPAA, DCUSA, MAMCoP, SMICoP and TRAS arrangements. The successful applicant will be required to gain a broad knowledge of each of these arrangements and develop an understanding of wider opportunities either in existing or new market areas. The role will require a flexible approach and ability to work across a number of areas, providing support to the Head of Consultancy and Senior Consultant team members to deliver the operational and strategic objectives. The main objectives of the Governance Services Consultant will be to:
- Ensure the consultancy team delivery targets are achieved
- Identify opportunities to work with existing or new customers and develop supporting proposals
- Successfully deliver consultancy work packages as assigned by the Head of Consultancy using recognised best practice techniques.
- Support Senior Consultants in the delivery of larger consultancy assignments
- Build and develop customer relationships
- Work with the Governance Services Manager to identify and secure business development opportunities
The successful applicant should demonstrate knowledge and skills as follows:
- Broad knowledge of UK electricity and/or gas markets including knowledge of industry governance arrangements
- Consultancy skills including strong stakeholder engagement, assignment scoping and delivery.
- Communication – excellent verbal and written communication at all levels.
- Ability to build enduring relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Flexibility – picking up new knowledge quickly and carrying out activities relating to a wide variety of subject matter.
- Influencing – participating in working groups and leading debate to ensure an appropriate workable solution is developed.
- Organisation skills – working independently on a number of different work streams, setting clear work plans and meeting milestones.
- Self-starter with the ability to work on their own initiative or as part of a team
- Confident engagement skills when dealing with internal and external stakeholders.
- Team-player with the ability to work collaboratively in a small team or across internal business functions.
- Problem solver motivated by the opportunity to address industry issues and present them in a methodical and reasoned manner.
- Flexible – able to work in an number of potentially non-related areas at any given time requiring a disciplined approach to the re-prioritisation of deliverables.