Governance Services Consultant
This role is full-time, permanent position located in our Central London or Nottingham office with an annual salary up to £65,000 DOE, including 10% variable bonus and an excellent benefits package. We will also afford extensive remote working. Who is ElectraLink? ElectraLink is a growing company that loves technology and operates at the heart of the UK energy market by managing a central network for energy market participants to communicate, providing empowering insight into the challenges and opportunities facing the industry Why people join our team? We have remote working capabilities that allow for a healthy work-life balance. Our benefits package includes health, flexible pension, holiday trading, as well as extensive career development, training and more. We maintain an open communication from top to bottom and have lots of opportunities to hear ideas and make things work better.
As part of ElectraLink’s Governance Services Consultancy Team, you will work within the energy industry to deliver expert advice, assessment and robust solutions using detailed industry knowledge and experience.
Identify and develop opportunities in existing and new markets in line with ElectraLink’s Governance Services, Data, and wider corporate growth strategy.
Main purpose of job
The Governance Services Team manages the DCUSA, SMICoP and CMAP Codes, however, also has expert knowledge of other Codes such as the REC, UNC and BSC. The successful applicant will be required to gain a broad knowledge of the internal Codes managed however will also have expert knowledge of the energy industry and will understand how REC, UNC and BSCacross the industry generally.
The role will require a flexible approach and ability to work across a number of areas, in order to deliver the company’s operational and strategic objectives.
The main objectives of the Governance Services Consultant will be to:
- Ensure the consultancy team delivery targets are achieved, including revenue generation
- Identify opportunities to work with existing or new customers and develop supporting proposals
- Understand ElectraLink’s data and how data could also be incorporated into advisory proposals
- Successfully deliver consultancy work packages as assigned by the Head of Services using recognised best practice techniques.
- Support Senior Consultants in the delivery of larger consultancy assignments and the development of bids.
- Build and develop customer relationships
- Work with the Head of Services to identify and secure business development opportunities
The successful applicant will be required to sell consultancy services, take ownership of specific tasks, and deliver quality assignments to customers. The consultant will develop proposals and work plans, assessing risks and engage with stakeholders and may be required to chair/facilitate working group meetings, respond to queries, and producing deliverables such as industry consultations, responses, and reports.
Principle Skills & Experience
The successful applicant should demonstrate knowledge and skills as follows:
- Broad knowledge of UK electricity and/or gas markets including knowledge of industry governance arrangements
- Consultancy skills including strong stakeholder engagement, assignment scoping and delivery.
- Communication – excellent verbal and written communication at all levels.
- Ability to build enduring relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Flexibility – picking up new knowledge quickly and carrying out activities relating to a wide variety of subject matter.
- Influencing – participating in working groups and leading debate to ensure an appropriate workable solution is developed.
- Organisation skills – working independently on a number of different work streams, setting clear work plans and meeting milestones.
- Self-starter with the ability to work on their own initiative or as part of a team
- Confident engagement skills when dealing with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to sell consultancy services to industry parties.
- Team-player with the ability to work collaboratively in a small team or across internal business functions.
- Problem solver motivated by the opportunity to address industry issues and present them in a methodical and reasoned manner.
Flexible – able to work in a number of potentially non-related areas at any given time requiring a disciplined approach to the re-prioritisation of deliverables.
How to Apply
Please apply to this position by utilising the “Apply Now” link below. You will be able to apply via email attaching your CV and any other documents you feel might strengthen your application.
Recruitment Privacy Notice
As part of our recruitment process ElectraLink Ltd collects and processes personal data relating to applicants and potential employees. May we request applicants familiarise themselves with the contents of our Recruitment Privacy Notice by utilising this URL https://electralink-cdn-1.s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/20092747/Recruitment-Privacy-Notice-v1.pdf