Governance Services Analyst
This is a key role in the Governance Services department and an excellent opportunity to develop a wide range of skills and expand your knowledge of the energy industry. The successful candidate will work with multiple areas of the business as well as being exposed to key industry parties and bodies. You will be accountable for the management of energy industry codes and their change processes to further develop competition in the retail energy market. You will be responsible for delivering code administration services to one or more of ElectraLink’s industry codes and providing technical secretariat services to industry groups, supporting internal & external projects and engaging with clients. Due to the nature of the role, you should be prepared to work in a fast-paced environment, to handle multiple tasks, and have the ability to meet tight deadlines.
Key elements of the role include but are not limited to:
• Organising meetings and forums with industry participants and preparing meeting documentation (e.g. agendas, papers and minutes).
• Technical Secretariat and support to industry committees
• Progressing Change Proposals in accordance with agreed procedures and service levels, and preparing clear & accurate reports.
• Providing updates to ensure that the progress and status of Change Proposals and committees are effectively communicated internally and externally.
• Co-ordinating consultations to seek industry views on change proposals.
• Supporting projects both internally and on behalf of our clients.
• Effectively engaging key stakeholders and developing productive working relationships, promoting the organisation and delivering business benefits.
• Responding to customer helpdesk queries and providing advice and guidance.
• Documentation and maintenance of internal working procedures.
• Identifying and implementing areas for improvement.
• Presenting and supplying training to stakeholders.
• Develop understanding to be acknowledged as subject matter expert by both customers
Skills and Experience
It is essential that you have the following skills / experience:
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Highly organised and the ability to manage conflicting priorities effectively.
• Good interpersonal skills – able to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
• Attention to detail and focus on the accuracy of work and procedures.
• Confident expressing views and providing advice and guidance to clients.
• Experience producing documents at various levels of formality and complexity.
• Proficient MS Office skills.
It is desirable for you to have:
• Knowledge and understanding of the UK Energy sector.
• Experience in drafting meeting minutes.