Energy Networks Consultant
ElectraLink delivers network data services, governance services, and energy market insights to the UK energy industry. The organisation is at the centre of a complex market with a range of stakeholders including Ofgem, BEIS, energy suppliers, energy distribution companies and energy service organisations. ElectraLink’s Energy Market Data Hub (EMDH) is a key enabler for innovation in the energy sector. Data, and the need for our energy networks to be managed in a more flexible, customer-centric way, is the catalyst for the transition that the GB’s Distribution Network Operators (DNOs) are making to Distribution System Operators (DNOs). ElectraLink’s EMDH sits at the heart of this shifting energy landscape. Through the Data Transfer Service (DTS) that sits at the heart of the EMDH, ElectraLink holds every market transaction in relation to smart meter installations and change of supplier events; it offers a view of over 90% of all embedded generation on the network. With a little innovation, it can be used to spot electric vehicle trends, be used to streamline customer processes, underpin embedded generation / distributed energy resources reporting, and support emerging flexibility services. We are working with energy network companies (the DNOs) to innovate and we’re inviting energy innovators to test and deliver new projects and services using ElectraLink’s unique energy customer dataset under the EMDH. We are recruiting a DSO Business Development Manager to support our engagement with industry and ensure our further participation in DSO innovation projects where we can showcase the capabilities of the EMDH and DTS data asset. This is an exciting role for an exceptional candidate. The successful applicant will identify and develop innovation project opportunities with DNOs and other relevant stakeholders with the principle aim of ElectraLink participation in a suite of innovation activity in the support of DNO to DSO transition.
Responsible for supporting development and delivery of new and existing innovation projects relevant to DSO transition, and to:
- Engage with the GB DNOs and other relevant stakeholders to identify project collaboration opportunities
- Engage with partners that have capabilities complementary to ElectraLink’s contribution
- Support management of a series of network innovation funding applications for 2018 and beyond
- Define high level and detailed project plans and associated project registration and delivery paperwork, and maintain them throughout project delivery timeframes
- Support delivery and execution of a stakeholder engagement plan
- Management of NIA / other bid processes
- Programme reporting to Head of Transformation
- Proactive management of RAID items
The above is a list of the main duties for the role. This list is not exhaustive and may be amended from time to time as per the business needs.
Direct Reports / Team Operation
The DSO Business Development Manager will interface with both internal and external project teams including the programme management of these teams. Resources to support the Transformation Services programme will be drawn from internal ElectraLink resources and potentially additional contractor resources.
- Demonstrable track record of securing network innovation funding and working with DNOs to develop and deliver projects
- Engineering background within a DNO context
- Significant network within the electricity networks community
- Expert knowledge of network operations and the challenges faced by the GB distribution networks over the next 10 years
- Exceptional communication skills to all types of stakeholder
- Can-do attitude to resolving issues and managing risks
- Well organised, structured approach to programmes of work
- Excellent report and presentation writing skills
Highly desirable skills:
- Knowledge of, and contacts in, the electric vehicle sector
- Understanding of data transfer and the use of data in the design of future energy markets.
- Self-motivated, willing to roll-sleeves up
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Able to act and behave with confidence and gravitas with senior clients and stakeholders
- Comfortable in presenting at client meetings up to senior level
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Possesses sound commercial and financial judgement