EMDH Programme Director
ElectraLink delivers network services, governance services, and energy market insights to the UK energy industry. The organisation is at the centre of a complex market with a range of stakeholders including Ofgem, BEIS, energy suppliers, energy distribution companies and energy service organisations. The current Data Transfer Service delivery model is contracted until 2020. ElectraLink is therefore implementing the next iteration of the UK Energy Market Data Hub which will form the basis of our technical services for the next 5 to 10 years. This role is in support of that activity. The implementation will include the delivery, testing and integration of a new technical solution as well as the establishment of a new partnership approach for delivery and a new target operating model for ElectraLink. This is a key role for an exceptional, senior programme manager, reporting directly the Director of Data and Transformation. The successful applicant will take control of the day to day management of the implementation programme, being responsible for the successful delivery of the programme, managing all risks and issues and ensuring that all stakeholders are kept up to date with relevant, timely information. The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate a hands-on approach to defining and delivering programmes of this size and complexity across a multi stakeholder environment.
- Establish Programme Structure
- Delivery of all project milestones
- Define high level and detailed project plans and maintain them throughout the programme
- Delivery of project documentation and adherence to Electralinks internal PMO processes
- Delivery and execution of a stakeholder engagement plan
- Matrix management of supporting resources
- Programme reporting to senior management level
- Proactive management of RAID items
- Development, management and reporting of internal, costed resource plan for implementation phase
- Creation and management of a change programme supporting the transition of ElectraLink to a hybrid agile delivery model.
- Demonstrable track record of delivering successful programmes of IT delivery in complex stakeholder environments
- Exceptional man-management skills in a matrix management environment who leads by example
- Exceptional communication skills to all types of stakeholder
- Can-do attitude to resolving issues and managing risks
- Well organised, structured approach to programmes of work
- Ability to quickly assimilate and understand technical and commercial details
- The ability to develop rapidly an expert knowledge of the service
- Understanding of Agile delivery models and organisation design to support these.
Highly Desirable Skills
- Energy market knowledge would be useful, but is not mandatory
- Operational delivery experience
- Understanding of commercial contracts
- Senior, well respected ‘big hitter’
- Self-motivated, willing to roll-sleeves up.
- Good inter-personal skills.
- Able to act and behave with confidence and gravitas with senior clients and stakeholders.
- Comfortable in presenting at client meetings up to Board level.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Possesses sound commercial and financial judgement.