Data Specialist Energy
This is a fill-time, permanent role located in our Nottingham. The annual salary is up to £55,000 DOE, including up to 10% bonus and benefits. We are currently running a virtual office for the foreseeable future. Our recruitment drive is continuing with new hires joining us using our remote working capabilities, with all interviews being conducted via Microsoft TEAMS. We ask candidates have access to a webcam for them to be able to attend interviews.
ElectraLink delivers network services, governance services, and energy market insights to the UK energy industry. The organisation is at the centre of a complex market with a range of stakeholders including Ofgem, BEIS, energy suppliers, energy distribution companies and energy service organisations. The market is entering a period of significant change following the publication of the CMA review of the market and the commencement of major programmes such as smart metering.
The Data Specialist will create and support new and current insight products for EMI (Energy Market Insight) services. The role will have responsibility for understanding the complex energy market data set and providing insights into the market for the benefit of developing new products, POC’s and for ad hoc reporting. The Data Specialist will be involved in the entire lifecycle process including product definition, presales support, product delivery and product retirement process.
Main Purpose of Job
Responsible for the delivery of the EMI product portfolio.
• Design, definition and delivery of new and existing products
• Creation and maintenance of an internal insight dashboards
• Identification of customer use cases
• Pre-sales Support
• Analyse data to provide data driven commentary on industry issues
• Support the wider ElectraLink in the understanding of the EMI product portfolio
• Assist in the creation of marketing material
Principle Skills & Experience
• Track record in delivering data, insight and analysis to a wide range of participants.
• In depth energy industry knowledge.
• Expert knowledge in the use of DTC (Data Transfer Catalogue) data flows
• In depth SQL experience
• Experience with working with large (TB’s) and varied datasets
Highly desirable skills:
• AWS, Redshift and Vertica knowledge especially related to query optimisation
• Tableau or PowerBI and Data Visualisation skills
• Python and Machine Learning experience a plus
• Self-motivated, willing to roll-sleeves up.
• Good inter-personal skills. Able to act and behave with confidence and gravitas with senior clients and stakeholders.
• Comfortable in presenting at client meetings and industry events.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Possesses sound commercial and financial judgement.
How to Apply
Please apply to this position by utilising the “Apply Now” link below. You will be able to apply via email attaching your CV and any other documents you feel will strengthen your application.
Recruitment Privacy Notice
As part of our recruitment process ElectraLink Ltd collects and processes personal data relating to applicants and potential employees. May we request applicants familiarise themselves with the contents of our Recruitment Privacy Notice by utilising the link below.