Data Project Manager
ElectraLink Project Manager is expected to provide the successful delivery of projects, both within the organisation and to Clients as required. The Project Manager has an excellent knowledge of project management in both technology and business-based projects and will be responsible and accountable for the successful coordination and implementation of projects ensuring they are delivered within agreed timescales, to a highest standard of quality, as per the business request. The Project Manager will be responsible for the co-ordination of Project Proposals in the initial engagement for the project. The Project Manager will be responsible for planning, costing, risk management, quality assurance, stakeholder communications, status reporting, acceptance testing, governance and ensuring Stakeholders, support areas and account management are effectively engaged and sign-off acceptance to business as usual. The Project Manager will build and maintain effective working relationships with across ElectraLink, and externally as required, ensuring collaborative working across teams/areas, and will administer and organise all types of projects, from simple activities to more complex plans. The culture and ethos of the role is directed towards outstanding customer service. This role will make an important contribution to the successful delivery of key strategic projects within ElectraLink, which in turn will maintain and expand the position of ElectraLink within the utilities industry.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage and successfully deliver Proposals, Projects and Programmes of projects ensuring requirements are met and delivered on time, within cost and to high quality.
- Assist in Pre-sales support process, consulting with Prospects and existing clients to ensure that requirements are specified.
- Identify and manage the project organisational structure and define responsibilities.
- Identify and manage appropriate resources to undertake all the required project activities.
- Define detailed estimates of time, costs and resource requirements and ensure effective tracking of time (progress v plan) and costs (actuals v budget) are maintained and reported on.
- Identify, manage and report on any dependencies, milestones, critical path, and potential risks and issues, ensuring mitigation strategies and contingency plans exist and are acted upon.
- Create, maintain and deliver high quality project documentation as defined in the Project Management Framework.
- Ensure full governance and compliance to project standards, policies, processes and tools in the delivery of all projects.
- Ensure effective communication with staff and stakeholders (including third parties and suppliers) ensuring this is delivered in a timely and clear fashion, with expectations clearly set and met.
- Effectively manage and document any issues/escalations raised, ensuring these are dealt with in a timely manner and to a successful conclusion.
- Build strong productive working relationships and provide effective and diplomatic communication at all levels.
- Promote and champion the benefits of Project Management within ElectraLink.
- Aiding the continual improvement of the PMO, developing and improving project management capabilities, standards, methods and processes that will improve performance and efficiency of the PMO as a whole.
- Proactively participate in furthering ones professional development, maintaining growth in professional skills and knowledge deemed essential to the role.
- Motivate, encourage and advise other project team members in the delivery of the service as appropriate, acting in the capacity of their direct line management if required.
- Undertake other duties as requested by the Head of Projects and Implementation.
- Demonstrable analytical skills
- Highly organised and able to manage, prioritize and complete multiple tasks
- Track record in ensuring projects are delivered to a deadline
- Outstanding collaboration skills and a strong team player
- Able to write compelling and clear documentation
- Strong Experience with Project Management processes and Frameworks
- Track record of various Programme and Projects Management Frameworks, including Prince II and Agile centric
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
- Ability to read communication styles of team members and Stakeholders who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines
Highly desirable skills:
- Strong experience in Business process transformation
- Experience in Business case and strategy development
- Experience of PPM tools