Head of Development
This role is full-time, permanent position located in our Central London or Nottingham office with an annual salary up to £80,000 DOE, including 10% variable bonus and an excellent benefits package. We will also afford an element of remote working. Who is ElectraLink? ElectraLink is a growing company that loves technology and operates at the heart of the UK energy market by managing a central network for energy market participants to communicate, providing empowering insight into the challenges and opportunities facing the industry. Why people join our team? We have remote working capabilities that allow for a healthy work-life balance. Our benefits package includes health, flexible pension, holiday trading, as well as extensive career development, training and more. We maintain an open communication from top to bottom and have lots of opportunities to hear ideas and make things work better.
This is a key role within ElectraLink’s delivery function, working with internal and external development and working with product management teams to create solutions that deliver value to a wide range of energy industry participants.
The role requires the ability to lead a team to identify, prove and implement new data products which will provide value to the energy industry.
You will have an agile mindset and experience of developing proof of concepts all the way through to robust, scalable commercial products.
We are looking for someone to lead our small but highly skilled development team, to work on things such as:
- Taking ideas and concepts to the next level
- Evolving our current set of products and services to the next level
- Improving our data platform that already supports millions of data calls a month.
You be responsible for functional ownership of Development in ElectraLink, however be prepared to roll your sleeves up and get involved in the development of code on some projects or initiatives. At the other end of the spectrum you will also be needed to work closely with senior management and business development leads to turn ideas into real products or services.
The focus of this role will be to work in conjunction with ElectraLink’s senior stakeholders and Senior management team to ensure the organisations services are evolved to continue to serve the energy market’s need for data and insight
- Analyse the existing solution landscape, creating and maintaining a roadmap for each solution and to provide recommendations for improvements
- Responsible for a team of developers each at differing levels of coding ability and providing them the opportunity for personal development and growth
- You will need to have strong knowledge of Data, BI, digital platforms as well as managing a small team developers. It is vital that you have experience in the project lifecycle, whether Agile or Waterfall a wide, have worked with Product Owners and have an appreciation for other functions such as Testing approaches to ensure robust joined up working with our other functional teams
- Be key part of defining the product roadmap alongside the product team, offering technical knowledge and requirements with a drive for good ROI in roadmap discussions
- Assume a high level of ownership of all work developed by members of the team.
- Identification of customer use cases.
Skills & Knowledge
- The candidate should come from a technical delivery or development background
- Be quick learner able to pick up both technical and business concepts quickly
- Comfortable liaising with clients in a presales and support capacities
- AWS, Redshift and Vertica knowledge especially related to query optimisation
- Tableau, PowerB, QuicksightI and Data Visualisation skills
- Python and Machine Learning experience a plus
- Demonstrable track record of delivering data solutions in a cloud environment using a variety of technologies
- Hands-on experience of up to date solutions and tools in public cloud environments including AWS
- Track record of building and running a development team.
- Ability to explain data designs, issues and recommendations to non-technical stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Well organised, structured approach to work.
Highly desirable skills
- Knowledge and understanding of data analytics platforms
- Expertise on modern software delivery techniques including SAFE and DevOps.
How to Apply
Please apply to this position by utilising the “Apply Now” link below. You will be able to apply via email attaching your CV and any other documents you feel might strengthen your application.
Recruitment Privacy Notice
As part of our recruitment process ElectraLink Ltd collects and processes personal data relating to applicants and potential employees. May we request applicants familiarise themselves with the contents of our Recruitment Privacy Notice by utilising this URL https://electralink-cdn-1.s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/20092747/Recruitment-Privacy-Notice-v1.pdf