DATA Consultant – DNO/Utilities Sector
ElectraLink delivers data-driven innovation across the GB energy landscape, in response to industry need. Owned by the six GB Distribution Network Operators (DNOs), the organisation is at the centre of a complex market with a range of stakeholders including Ofgem, BEIS, energy suppliers, energy distribution companies and energy service organisations. ElectraLink also delivers network data services, governance services, and energy market insights to the UK energy industry.
ElectraLink has recently delivered the Flexr MVP project, which demonstrated an exciting new direction for ElectraLink’s core business. Flexr is a first-of-its-kind DNO data provision service. It demonstrates accessible, efficient, granular, near real-time data-sharing at scale using cloud technology and machine to machine connections – a significant practical step to deliver the energy system data revolution, supporting DSO transition, flexibility markets and whole system coordination.
We are recruiting a Data Consultant to drive forward our data-driven engagement with industry and maximise opportunity for innovation that builds on the Flexr project or other DNO data service requirements to accelerate GB flexibility markets, as well as a host of other use cases – some of which have not been identified as yet.
This is an exciting role for an exceptional candidate. The successful applicant will have a passion for innovation, be outward facing and have demonstrable experience of working with a range of stakeholders in the energy industry – from the DNOs and energy retailers, to the electric vehicle and energy storage markets.
Main purpose of job
|Responsible for identifying and developing opportunities to develop data projects services for the DNOs, and:
· Develop and deliver DNO-focused business opportunities based on our existing data and services through your own and ElectraLink’s extensive stakeholder network
· Identify and progress project and product-based opportunities relating to data transfer and the use of data in the design of future energy markets, for example through electricity network innovation projects
· Communicate with stakeholders clearly and regularly, being clear on mutual needs and commitments with consideration of impacts, with a focus on user needs
· Understand and identify stakeholders and their needs based on evidence. Translate user stories and propose design approaches or services to meet these needs
· Drive forward development and delivery of a series of network innovation projects for 2021 and beyond
· Work closely with our Plan and Develop, Governance and Energy Market Insight teams to drive collaborative project development
· Programme reporting to Head of DSO Transformation
Principle Skills & Experience
- Expert knowledge of electricity distribution networks, distributed energy resources, flexibility, and the changes affecting the energy industry
- Understanding of technology systems employed by the distribution network operators
- Experience of working with distribution network operators and wider energy stakeholders to deliver innovation in support of a smarter, more flexible energy system
- Experience working in both industry and consulting
- Excellent and demonstrable communication, report and presentation writing skills
- The ability to investigate, analyse, visualise, model, articulate and solve complex problems and concepts and make disciplined decisions based on available information
- Understanding of with agile methodology and how to apply the agile mindset to all aspects of their work; utilises an iterative method and flexible approach to enable rapid delivery
- Can-do attitude to resolving issues and managing risks
- Well organised, structured approach to programmes of work
Highly desirable skills:
- Experience of distribution network operators IT transformation programmes, architecture & delivery
- Qualified in a relevant discipline with a graduate qualification
- Expert knowledge / understanding of the challenges faced by the GB distribution networks over the next 10 years
- Understanding of data transfer and the use of data in the design of future energy markets.
- Experience of speaking at seminars and conferences.
- Operational delivery experience
- Self-motivated, willing to roll-sleeves up
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Able to act and behave with confidence and gravitas with senior clients and stakeholders
- Comfortable in presenting at client meetings up to senior level
- Good written and oral communication skills
Possesses sound commercial and financial judgement
The Data Consultant will work collaboratively with the Head of DSO transition and will interface with both internal and external project teams. Resources to data-related initiatives will be drawn from internal ElectraLink resources and potentially additional contractor resources.
Recruitment Privacy Notice
As part of our recruitment process ElectraLink Ltd collects and processes personal data relating to applicants and potential employees. May we request applicants familiarise themselves with the contents of our Recruitment Privacy Notice by utilising this URL https://www.electralink.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Recruitment-Privacy-Notice-v1.pdf
How to Apply
Please apply to this position by utilising the “Apply Now” link below. You will be able to apply via email attaching your CV and any other documents you feel might strengthen your application.