Corporate Engagement Consultant
This is an exciting and fast-moving time for the UK energy industry. ElectraLink is positioned at the centre of this developing industry interfacing directly with the key UK energy stakeholders such as energy suppliers, distributors and metering organisations as well as the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS) and Ofgem (the industry regulator). Energy and utility markets are increasingly competitive and constantly evolving, requiring significant interaction between industry parties, regulators, policy makers and increasingly consumers. To make these interactions work, communications networks, agreements and codes need to be in place to ensure that markets work efficiently, and all parties have access to a level playing field. Operating at the heart of the electricity and gas markets, ElectraLink provides sector leading support to the operation and the governance of the energy industry. As recognised experts in UK energy processes, we provide data and information management, and code administration and professional services.
We are looking for an experienced Corporate Engagement Consultant to lead our corporate communications and engagement function for a 12-month contract. They need to drive our industry engagement programmes collaboratively across three separate business units and provide insight that will improve our branding, customer service and product offerings. This requires a leader who is both visionary and practical – someone who can think strategically about what, when and how we communicate, making the best use of new techniques and technology while also managing the day-to-day challenges associated with running engagement programmes in a complex organisation. We are looking for someone with a wide range of skills, from excellent stakeholder management to understanding of marketing concepts and technologies, as well as the ability to be a senior leader in a rapidly growing organisation.
The successful candidate will oversee a small but busy team and other internal resources responsible for engaging key audiences including an extensive network of energy businesses, using a range of channels including account management, digital, events and print material. You will be responsible for generating our corporate engagement strategy for 2019 and will work closely with colleagues across the organisation to lead on engagement planning and delivery and provide internal briefing for our board and senior colleagues.
- Develop and lead a multi-channel communications and engagement strategy that helps to tell our story and support industry transformation;
- Design and manage multi-channel marketing and branding approaches that are driven by the goals of our engagement strategy, including the look and feel of our corporate website and social media sites;
- Manage and deliver several cross-cutting engagement programmes as agreed by business units;
- Manage and further develop our Account Management approach to customer engagement and mentor junior account managers;
- Manage the delivery of our annual Customer Satisfaction Surveying programme for two businesses;
- Design and deliver key corporate events that support our engagement strategy;
- Manage a small team and overview some work of other internal resources, empowering our staff to shape organisational decisions, taking a codesign approach to communications;
- Work with internal Business Managers to define and drive delivery of key messages to our stakeholders, ensuring alignment of brand messaging;
- Be actively involved in several company projects, some customer facing and others internal;
- Use a range of tools including developing digital channels and content, designing and facilitating a programme of events;
- Determine where to focus spend and team time for greatest return on investment across range of activities and marketing channels; and
- Recruit, retain, develop and motivate a diverse and talented marketing team, and develop team structure over time.
Skills & Experience
- Ability to develop a Multi-Channel Customer Engagement strategic plan whilst driving implementation of the operational initiatives;
- Demonstrable experience of running and evaluating Multichannel/Digital marketing campaigns; Understanding of digital and multichannel trends.
- A strong interest in and willingness to keep up to date with new, rapidly changing digital support;
- Proven ability to develop a strategic communications and engagement strategy across multiple channels and approaches, and experience in developing an organisation’s narrative;
- Ability to confidently apply and lead co-design approaches to engaging people, including through events;
- Excellent project management skills and communication skills;
- IT literate with competent skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook as a minimum, and preferably an understanding of Customer Relationship Management Systems (CRM);
- A high degree of professionalism and personal integrity;
- Attention to detail and desire to deliver a quality service;
- Strong organisational skills including ability to manage and prioritise workload;
- University degree, preferably a master’s degree or equivalent working experience;
Highly desirable skills:
- Some working experience in energy, with solid background in Marketing;
- People management experience is desirable;
- Senior, well respected ‘big hitter’
- Self-motivated, willing to roll-sleeves up.
- Good inter-personal skills.
- Able to act and behave with confidence and gravitas;
- Good written and oral communication skills.
The Digital Communications Executive reports directly to the Corporate Engagement Consultant and provides graphic design and digital, web support for all businesses.
- Delivery of agreed customer engagement plan;
- Successful management, development and retention of direct reports.