We currently have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and ambitious Communications Executive to join our growing, central London based team. We are looking for someone with excellent written and oral communication skills and experience of delivering high-quality communications to a range of audiences. The role will involve taking the lead in producing a wide range of communications content such as press releases, news articles, website content and material for social media. You will also support the team to deliver key corporate events. You will enjoy working as part of a team, using your initiative, developing new ideas, and managing your workload. You will benefit from working with a passionate and supportive team who are open to new ideas and continually looking to improve the way we communicate with our stakeholders. We offer a generous training budget, flexible working approach and private medical insurance amongst other benefits.
This is an exciting and fast-moving time for the UK energy industry. ElectraLink operates at the heart of the UK energy market with unrivalled insight into the challenges and opportunities faced by the industry.
We work closely with key UK energy stakeholders such as energy suppliers, distributors and metering organisations as well as the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS) and Ofgem (the industry regulator).
Our unmatched market reach and access to market participants means we have a unique data set that provides a view of the entire UK energy market, combined with the ability to offer advanced data analytics and energy market insights.
Our position at the heart of the UK energy industry also gives us a unique capability to provide other services crucial to the gas and electricity markets:
- We provide unique market insight through analysis of the DTS market data that we process in our central industry role.
- Our reputation for impartiality and energy market expertise makes us an ideal partner in the implementation and change management of energy industry Governance arrangements.
- Our established Data Transfer Network (DTN) supports the development of more efficient market processes at a time of rapid energy industry change.
All of this means we are able to actively contribute to the energy industry as thought leaders and innovators, sharing our knowledge and providing insight into the future of the market.
Key elements of the role include:
- Taking the lead in the production a wide range of communications content such as press releases, news articles, website content and material for social media
- Management of media relations
- Providing effective communications advice to the business
- Supporting the delivery of corporate events
- Helping to shape communication plans and delivery
- Participating in the promotion of our products and services
Working closely with our Digital Communications Executive to manage and build our digital channels and social media presence
- Broad communications experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Working with internal teams to define and drive delivery of key messages and ensure they align with the company brand
- Experience of working with the media to produce media releases and develop relationships with journalists
- Experience of producing social media content
- Ability to present complex information in an engaging and
- An ability to work with stakeholders at all levels
- Experience of event delivery would be advantageous
- At least two years’ experience of working in a comparable communications role
- An enthusiastic, ‘can-do’ approach and a strong team player
- Attention to detail and desire to deliver a quality service
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative to problem-solve and innovate
- Creative with the confidence to share ideas
- Efficient and well organised
- Interest in the energy industry
ElectraLink is committed to providing career progression opportunities to its employees. The successful candidate will be given the opportunity to use their skills and learn more about the exciting and transforming energy industry with the freedom to continually evolve their role and build their responsibility. Ambition to do more and develop your skills will be nurtured and welcomed by the team. The position provides an excellent stepping stone towards future roles.