Change & Release Manager
We are currently running a virtual office for the foreseeable future. Our recruitment drive is continuing with new hires joining us using our remote working capabilities. All interview will be conducted via Skype Video. We ask candidates have access to a webcam for them to be able to attend interviews. Job Purpose: The Change and Release Manager will take primary responsibility to define, agree, publish, maintain and execute a change management process and release management process ensuring a well-controlled operational environment in a fast changing environment.
This is an exciting and fast-moving time for the UK energy industry. ElectraLink is a growing company, operating at the heart of the UK energy market with unrivalled insight into the challenges and opportunities faced by the industry.
We work closely with key UK energy stakeholders such as energy suppliers, distributors and metering organisations as well as the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS) and Ofgem (the industry regulator).
Our unmatched market reach and access to market participants means we have a unique data set that provides a view of the entire UK energy market, combined with the ability to offer advanced data analytics and energy market insights.
Our position at the heart of the UK energy industry also gives us a unique capability to provide other services crucial to the gas and electricity markets:
- We provide unique market insight through analysis of the DTS market data that we process in our central industry role.
- Our reputation for impartiality and energy market expertise makes us an ideal partner in the implementation and change management of energy industry Governance arrangements.
- Our established Data Transfer Network (DTN) supports the development of more efficient market processes at a time of rapid energy industry change.
All of this means we are able to actively contribute to the energy industry as thought leaders and innovators, sharing our knowledge and providing insight into the future of the market.
Main purpose of job
The Change and Release Manager will carry out tasks based on the principles of ITIL, will take primary responsibility to define, agree, publish, maintain and operate a change management process and release management process.
This will require owning the change process specifically to eliminate errors and failures caused by change as well as ensuring the availability of systems remain within SLA. This position will require participation in the Change Advisory Board (CAB), contribution to management information, request for Changes (RFCs), change schedule and communication for proposed change within agreed timescales.
It will also require the design and maintenance of the Configuration Management DataBase (CMDB) to support the Change Process and other related processes.
The successful candidate will ensure that these processes are regularly reviewed to ensure they are fit for purpose.
Principle Skills & Experience
- To process (including assessing the impact of) all Request for Change (RFCs) to enable controlled delivery of Change and Releases;
- To be responsible for the Configuration Management Database (CMDB);
- To ensure all transformation projects adhere to a strict change control process to minimise any downtime for customers of the technical services;
- Working with multi- vendors and internal teams to ensure changes and releases are scheduled to meet customer expectations and expectations are set via effective communication (via the Service Desk).
Essential Skills & Experience
- Demonstrable and significant experience of managing change and product releases in a complex, high availability environment (minimum of 3 years)
- ITIL Framework qualification and experience
- Experience in providing solutions to external customers.
- Experience of Application Development Tools and methodologies.
- Effective written and verbal communications skills.
- Working with multiple external service suppliers
Desirable Knowledge and Experience:
- Understanding of the Energy market in the UK
- Experience in managing IT Projects.
- Degree level in an IT or related subject