Joining a newly established Architecture and Analysis team within the Plan and Develop department, your primary role will be supporting your stakeholders with the definition and delivery of enhancements to ElectraLink’s products and services. You’ll work collaboratively and become an expert in a growing business so you can ensure project deliverables will add maximum value and contribute to our business strategy.
This is an exciting and fast-moving time for the UK energy industry. ElectraLink is a growing company, operating at the heart of the UK energy market with unrivaled insight into the challenges and opportunities faced by the industry.
We work closely with key UK energy stakeholders such as energy suppliers, distributors and metering organisations as well as the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS) and Ofgem (the industry regulator).
Our unmatched market reach and access to market participants means we have a unique data set that provides a view of the entire UK energy market, combined with the ability to offer advanced data analytics and energy market insights.
Our position at the heart of the UK energy industry also gives us a unique capability to provide other services crucial to the gas and electricity markets:
- We provide unique market insight through analysis of the DTS market data that we process in our central industry role.
- Our reputation for impartiality and energy market expertise makes us an ideal partner in the implementation and change management of energy industry Governance arrangements.
- Our established Data Transfer Network (DTN) supports the development of more efficient market processes at a time of rapid energy industry change.
All of this means we are able to actively contribute to the energy industry as thought leaders and innovators, sharing our knowledge and providing insight into the future of the market
Main purpose of job
With guidance from the Head of Architecture and Analysis, you’ll be supporting projects and business initiatives by understanding problems/gaps and driving out the business requirements that need to be delivered. By working with subject matter experts, you’ll build your knowledge of ElectraLink and the wider utilities industry and add value for your stakeholders by identifying opportunities for improvement.
You’ll be working within defined methodologies and processes to create artefacts as required (such as Business Model Canvas, Investment Appraisals, Business Requirements Specifications) but we’ll also expect you to continuously think about our ways of working and to suggest improvements to enhance our project deliveries.
You’ll take the lead on core Business Analysis tasks/activities such as stakeholder interviews, business process modelling, gap analysis, requirements elicitation, definition and management of the requirements catalogue. We may also ask you to support with business readiness activities as needed, such as updating existing documentation.
You’ll need to build strong relationships within the Architecture & Analysis function as well as with Product Owners, Project Managers, Solution Architects, Testers, Business Sponsors and Subject Matter Experts.
The above is a list of the main duties for the role. This list is not exhaustive and may be amended from time to time as per the business needs
Principle Skills & Experience
- Previous experience working as a Business Analyst
- Experience working with 3rd party providers to achieve desired outcomes
- Experience in eliciting, detailing and managing business requirements
- Able to clearly document processes to suit business and technical audiences
- Experience collaborating with Solution Architects to ensure solutions devised meet the needs of the business
- Support the Project Managers as required by feeding into project and business readiness plans
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Software packages (Excel/Word/Visio/PowerPoint)
- A strong working knowledge of Business Analysis techniques
- Ability to work flexibly when reasonably required
- Demonstrable knowledge of electricity and gas retail market data catalogues and data transfer is desirable but not essential
- A strong communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An analytical mindset and able to understand complex problems and get to the root cause of issues or business needs
- Resilient and able to manage conflicts when they arise
- Can multi-task and is comfortable working on several projects at the same time
- Work on your own initiative, prioritise workload accordingly and provide regular updates on activities to the Head of Business Analysis
Recruitment Privacy Notice
As part of our recruitment process ElectraLink Ltd collects and processes personal data relating to applicants and potential employees. May we request applicants familiarise themselves with the contents of our Recruitment Privacy Notice by utilising the link below or this URL https://www.electralink.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Recruitment-Privacy-Notice-v1.pdf
How to Apply
Please apply to this position by utilising the “Apply Now” link below. You will be able to apply via email attaching your CV and any other documents you feel might strengthen your application.