Business and TPI sales manager
Job Purpose: ElectraLink delivers network services, governance services, and energy market insights to the UK energy industry. The organisation is at the centre of a complex market with a range of stakeholders including Ofgem, BEIS, energy suppliers, energy distribution companies and energy service organisations. The market is entering a period of significant change following the publication of the CMA review of the market and the commencement of major programmes such as smart metering. The Business and TPI sales manager will work in partnership with our team of developers, sales support, other sales managers, the Head of EMI and other business units for all sales leads and sales opportunities. The successful candidate will be responsible for the full end to end contracting process from customer identification and proposal writing through to Contract negotiation and signature. The role will report to the Head of EMI services and work alongside other sales managers and sales support with a responsibility for helping our customers, who have growing data volumes and service-level expectations, maximize the potential of data while delivering the real-time service to their end users.
Main purpose of job
- To sell ElectraLink’s current data product set to new and existing customers
- Work in partnership with our team of developers and business analysts for all sales leads and sales opportunities.
- Completing the contracting process with new customers as well as selling additional products to current customers
- Drive volume of sales by managing the complete sales process from prospecting to closing.
- Identify and uncover new business opportunities through a variety of sources (CRM/Website/LinkedIn)
- Collate information regarding key decision makers, business strategy etc. for all new or existing players in the utility market to assist with the sales process.
- Be a key networker in the industry and responsible for identifying new sales leads through a variety of media including networking, attending events and research.
- Identify areas for revenue growth and cross/up sell opportunities
- assist with creating marketing collateral
Principle Skills & Experience
- Demonstrable enterprise data sales, utility solution selling sales experience.
- Have experience in account management or new business development with a strong track record of performance.
- Solid sales forecasting abilities and revenue achievement.
- A background in inbound and outbound prospecting and closing of new business.
- Ability to close both strategic/complex deals as well as regular run rate smaller deals.
- Minimum of 3-5 years utility industry experience.
Highly desirable skills:
- Experience of consultative selling, ideally within data, software, analytics or consultancy solutions.
- Commercial focus and understanding of value based pricing.
- Can demonstrate examples of inspiring new and existing customers to commit to a journey of transformation, utilising technology as a platform.
- Self-motivated, willing to roll-sleeves up.
- Good inter-personal skills. Able to act and behave with confidence and gravitas with senior clients and stakeholders.
- Comfortable in presenting at client meetings and industry events.
- The candidate must be able to understand complex solutions and then be able to explain to others in clear and simple terms.
- Good written and oral communication skills.