Utilities Advisory Sales Senior Consultant
This is a contract role located in our London office with a day rate up to £500 DOE. We are currently running a virtual office for the foreseeable future. Our recruitment drive is continuing with new hires joining us using our remote working capabilities, with all interviews being conducted via Microsoft TEAMS. We ask candidates have access to a webcam for them to be able to attend interviews.
ElectraLink is at the heart of the energy industry providing communication, governance, and data services to underpin the transformation of the energy industry. We are committed to supporting competition and delivering the right solutions for our customers.
We are looking for forward thinking individuals who can identify and solve problems that they will be responsible for presenting to the energy industry and subsequently delivering. If you are looking for your next challenge, have a history of delivering change and are excited about using our unique access to industry data to solve problems them we have a role for you.
The role will involve
- Working with BEIS, Ofgem and other industry stakeholders to design solutions and support large scale industry projects, including wholesale network change
- Completing process improvement programme centered around the customer life-cycle
- Leading industry working groups to implement industry code changes and evolving non-regulatory services which ElectraLink are developing. This will involve chairing meetings and overseeing meeting material.
- Develop thought leadership and write industry white papers.
- Identify new business development opportunities.
- Have a collaborative approach in identifying synergies with wider ElectraLink capabilities and where applicable work with other service areas within the organisation.
- Support delivery of the ElectraLink strategy.
- Write and present papers to industry code boards and panels, liaise with other code administrators, trade associations and third parties to promote industry best practise
- Represent ElectraLink at regulatory meetings, events, conferences and seminars.
- Mentor more junior members of staff to develop project management and problem solving skills.
The successful candidate will develop a detailed understanding of the codes and services that ElectraLink support and their importance within the overall regulatory framework. The candidate will be acknowledged as a subject matter expert by customers and industry. Part of the role will be to support the Governance Services team and Stakeholder Manager to achieve stakeholder engagement targets whilst supporting the identification of new opportunities.
Principle Skills & Experience
It is essential the candidate has the following skills/experience:
- Significant experience working in the gas or electricity industry, and preferably with a deep understanding of network operation
- Experience leading projects
- Able to use experience and knowledge to suggest solutions to industry issues and drive these solutions forward
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- High standard of written English
- Experience producing documents and presenting them to various levels of organisations
- Have a large network of industry contacts
- Able to adapt to a flexible working style
- Team player to mentor more junior members of the team as necessary and contribute to the overall success of the team; and
- Experience writing consultations and white papers.
The role requires significant stakeholder engagement by collaboratively working with customers to identify solutions to industry problems. This will involve visiting customers and explaining changes to industry codes and legislation, promoting the organisation and maintaining exemplary stakeholder relationships.
As a self-starter be able to identify potential industry issues and develop solutions. In delivery be capable of managing delivery to a range of internal and external stakeholders.
Coaching and Mentoring Analysts
The role requires supporting Consultants and Analysts by advising them on successful project management frameworks and processes. The successful candidate will peer mentor staff providing guidance on wider industry change not directly impacting ElectraLink, proofreading papers and supporting with successful meeting management.
It is desirable the candidate has some of the following skills/experience:
- Consultancy experience working with suppliers, network operators and/or third parties
- Experience of responding to large scale RFP and RFIs
- An understanding of code governance and industry change process
- Experience of the Change of Supplier process within gas and electricity
- Audit and compliance experience
- Procurement experience.
Recruitment Privacy Notice
As part of our recruitment process ElectraLink Ltd collects and processes personal data relating to applicants and potential employees. May we request applicants familiarise themselves with the contents of our Recruitment Privacy Notice by utilising the link below or this URL https://www.electralink.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Recruitment-Privacy-Notice-v1.pdf
How to Apply
Please apply to this position by utilising the “Apply Now” link below. You will be able to apply via email attaching your CV and any other documents you feel might strengthen your application.