The Accounts Assistant role provides a support function to both senior members of the team within the Finance function, with many of the tasks being day to day
The Accounts Assistant has responsibility for the day to day finance operations within the business, with the key responsibilities being;
Sales Ledger & Credit Control – ElectraLink and Codes
- Assisting in monthly billing run.
- Debt chasing.
- Posting cash receipts to GP on a daily basis
- Cash allocation
- Credit note generation
- Dealing with queries
- Maintaining AR master data
Purchase Ledger – ElectraLink and Codes
- Purchase order maintenance
- Processing purchase invoices & credit notes and submitting to approver
- Gaining approval for payables in-line with approvals delegated authority
- Maintaining AP master data
- Generating AP BACS payments
- Creating bank payment instructions on bank accounts
- Generate open invoice accrual
- Generate unapproved invoice accrual
- Post meeting room cost accrual
- Update CCN schedule for rechargeable invoices
- Rechargeable CCN sent to billing
- Processing out of pocket expenses and creating payment instruction
Company Credit Card Expenses
- Processing company credit card expenses and posting journal each month
- Production of KPIs as required
- Assisting monitoring mailboxes and responding to finance queries.
- AAT Qualified, or qualified by Experience.
- Competency with double-entry bookkeeping
- Highly numerate, accurate and used to working to tight deadlines.
- Confident liaising with both internal & external stakeholders.
- The ability to work on own initiative as well as working well as part of a team.
- Good Excel skills (VLOOKUP’s, filters, etc)
- Experience of working in small company environment
- Experience of Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains is essential.