What is the DUoS e-Billing?
DUoS e-Billing provides an efficient alternative to transferring and validating paper or PDF bills between DNOs and suppliers for Distribution Use of System (DUoS) charges. A subscription to this service provides access to automated DUoS e-Billing data flows that replace traditional billing methods. This will speed up billing and reduce complexities, allowing your business to reduce operational overheads.
This service is available to all industrial and commercial suppliers that supply to CT Metered Half-Hourly sites (MDHH sites – measurement classes C&E), as well as all DNOs. The service is growing in popularity, with 51 I&C suppliers and six DNOs already benefiting from DUoS e-Billing.
ElectraLink developed DUoS e-Billing flows with HM Revenue and Customs to ensure they are recognised as invoices and can be referenced in external financial audits.
- Increases your capacity to cope with demand of invoices from DNOs
- Frees up resources for other tasks by removing the need for manual processing of paper invoices
- Reduces the validation errors and invoice payment delays associated with the processing of over a million paper DUoS invoices each year
- Ensures your accountability through an enduring audit trail that can be queried
- Enables automation – saving you time and money
- Encourages a paperless environment reducing your carbon footprint
- Encourages the prompt payment of DNO invoices