Joining the DTS
Download our DTS Connection Map for guidance on our connection process.
There are two prerequisites to becoming a DTS user:
(1) Get a valid Market Participant Identifier (MPID) or Gas MDD Shortcode
The MPID is a four-letter code in electricity, and the SPAA MDD Shortcode is a three-letter code in gas. These codes are unique to your company, and are a means of identifying you in the market. If you do not have a Market Participant ID (MPID), we must confirm that Elexon has reserved an MPID for you and is processing your application. For SPAA MDD Shortcode, we require your MDD application to be approved by SPAA before we can proceed with setting up your gateway connection to the DTN.
For an electricity MPID please contact ELEXON by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org for further information. For gas, SPAA MDD Shortcodes are issued by Xoserve through SPAA. If you require an MDD application, contact email@example.com. If you need to contact Xoserve, please email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(2) Complete and return the items in our DTS Connection Pack.
- If you are a gas market participant wishing to connect to the DTS in order to exchange NOSI and/or RET & SAR flows or if you are an electricity party or green deal party wishing to connect to the DTS, please download the DTS Connection Pack.
- Dual Fuel customers can use the same single Gateway connection to send and receive both electricity and gas format files.
Completed and signed documents may be scanned and submitted via email to email@example.com. Countersigned documents will be returned to you via email. Your connection cannot be processed until receipt of your DTS accession fee of £100. You can pay this to ElectraLink Limited via BACS. BACS details will be made available as part of your starter pack.
Details of how to complete the documentation are contained within the DTS Application Guidance Document within your pack.
- The ElectraLink Welcome Pack for a clear overview of new entrant support.
- Please read the NOSI Guidance page for further assistance.
- Further documentation on the DTS and other services that we offer can be found by navigating to the Downloads area of our website. In order to access this area, you will need to be registered on the website.
- A full list of DTS users can be found on the Clients page of our website.
- We also have two products available which add to the functionality of the service – Check It and File Cloner enables structure, syntax and Market Domain Data level validation of electricity DTC files, while File Cloner allows DTN Users to send a copy message file to a secondary destination.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further guidance. Alternatively, you can call us on 020 7432 3012.