ElectraLink’s Data Transfer Service (DTS) has provided a regulated data transfer for the domestic gas market since April 1st, 2016.
The gas industry raised questions around potential data protection implications with the exchange of industry data flows through email. In April 2016, SPAA Parties sought to address these issues by mandating a common data exchange mechanism – the Data Transfer Service (DTS) – for the exchange of NOSI flows, for domestic gas Suppliers. In May 2017 SPAA Parties extended the use of the DTS for the exchange of RET and SAR flows.
Getting set-up for regulated gas:
If you are a domestic gas supplier, an existing DTS User and a SPAA signatory with a valid SPAA MDD Shortcode then you are able to use your existing DTS connection to send and receive designated gas flows. ElectraLink will configure the DTS to enable these flows for you. If you are a non-domestic supplier with a DTS connection and require either the NOSI, RET or SAR flows, please download the Regulated Gas Host Action Form for DTS Users, and email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do the rest. Once we have enabled the gas flows you require, we will contact you to confirm that the changes have been made..
If you are not a DTS user but a SPAA signatory with a valid SPAA MDD Shortcode then please download the DTS connection pack here. If you are a SPAA signatory but do not have a SPAA MDD Shortcode, please reach out to email@example.com for assistance to discuss registering your Shortcode in SPAA Market Domain Data.
Explanation of Regulated Gas Flows
- Notification of Supplier Information (NOSI) – to support the change of supplier events by offering this gas flow as a regulated service mandated for domestic gas suppliers;
- Resolution of Erroneous Transfer (RET) – resolve situations whereby customers have accidentally been switched to a new energy supplier without their consent; and
- Supplier Agreed Read (SAR) – a mutually agreed meter reading between two suppliers on a change of supply event.
- ElectraLink also offers RGMA services on a commercial basis to help you with your data transfer requirements in the UK energy industry.
- If you would like to check which parties are configured to receive RET, SAR and NOSI flows, please download the RET, SAR and NOSI DTS Routes spreadsheet.
If you have any questions, please contact us either on 0207 432 3012, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org