ElectraLink is responsible for operating the data hub that underpins the UK energy market. As a regulated central body, we ensure that this data hub remains secure, low cost and facilitates vibrant competition in the market place. We also provide expertise to several energy industry codes which set the ‘rules’ for the gas and electricity markets, enabling the rollout and operation of smart metering and distributed energy resources. Finally, ElectraLink collects and analyses the billions of messages exchanged between energy market participants to provide data insight and transparency which is improving market efficiency, facilitating innovation and reducing costs to consumers.
Our position at the heart of the UK energy industry gives us a unique capability to provide services crucial to the electricity, gas and water markets:
– We provide unique market insight through analysis of the data that we process in our central industry role.
– Our reputation for impartiality and energy market expertise makes us an ideal partner in the implementation and change management of energy
market governance arrangements.
– Our data hub supports the development of a more efficient energy market that is accommodating the transition to local generation and balancing.
All of this means we actively contribute to the energy market as thought leaders, innovators and providers of market data analysis, sharing our knowledge and providing insight into the future of the market.
To be the bridge that underpins the transformation of the utility markets.
To grow through trust, choice and transparency.
- TrustWe do the right thing by our customers
- ChoiceWe support choice and competition
- TransparencyWe promote openness
- InnovationWe provide new and imaginative solutions to market problems