DTS User Group Broadens to Include Gas-Only SuppliersMarch 30, 2017
ElectraLink’s Data Transfer Service (DTS) and the Data Transfer Service Agreement (DTSA), are governed by the DTS User Group, which now has places for four new members, with all positions in the group due to close shortly.
The DTS User group consists of a collection of individuals representing constituencies and has been expanded from ten voting members to thirteen voting members plus one non-voting member representing the Master Registration Agreement Service Company (MRASCo). The panel will now consist of:
- Five supplier members including one specifically reserved for a small supplier, should one wish to stand;
- A new member representing gas-only suppliers, for example, for Notification of Old Supplier (NOSI), Resolution of Erroneous Transfer (RET) and Supplier Agreed Read (SAR);
- Distribution Network Operators, with a new member for independent Distribution Network Operators (iDNOs), should one wish to stand;
- A new seat for a Green Deal Provider member; and
- A non-voting MRASCo position.
The DTS User Group acts as a forum for users regarding anything that relates to the DTS or the DTSA. The increase in the size of the group reflects the requirement for broader industry participation, ensuring gas-only suppliers are represented for the first time and that smaller suppliers and iDNOs can have specific representation. The DTS facilitates competition by providing non-differentiated access to market data.
Paul Gath, Chief Technical Officer at ElectraLink, said: “Special provisions for smaller suppliers, DNOs and the introduction of non-voting membership which supports cross-code working reflects the changing market we are now operating in. The DTS is increasingly required as a dual fuel data exchange mechanism, and must be agile and responsive, as the energy industry increasingly moves towards an environment reliant on data.”Back